Philadelphia PAWS: Slammed With Buns BEFORE Easter

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiaP

Reaction score
I have been volunteering with the shelter bunnies at PAWS since late August of 2007, so I haven't been there for an Easter and post-Easter season yet, but experienced volunteers have told me we usually get in a lot of bunnies after Easter.

In the last two weeks, we got in eight bunnies, and the small animal room is now at the point where they will have to start stacking cages on top of other cages to house them all if they get any more in.

My experience at the shelter is that quality of care goes away dramatically once the room is overfull and feels like a burden rather than an easy task for the employees who clean the room and care for the buns.

Among the new intakes are a couple of Netherland dwarfs (not a pair) , a gray and peach-colored harlequin lop, a brown and white rex, a black and white English spot.

I am trying to mobilize volunteers to check on the rabbits every day or so, but it seems clear we'll need help reducing our numbers if we also get bunnies in after Easter. We are scared.

Latest posts

Back