Phenobarbital for dogs Question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luvmyzoocrew

Reaction score
Has anyones dog ever been on this. On sat, my birthday no less, I took all three dogs to a shot clinic, 8.00 for thier rabies and you dont have to pay a office visit, my vet is hella expensive so i jumped on this. Well my one dog has had seizures in the past and we have related it to stress. So going thier i had this feeling, voice in my head (the good kind) , telling me this was probably going to happen. Dammed if it wasnt right,lol, we get there to the door of the pet food place and down she went, i nearly had a stroke as this was the first seizure that i have ever witnessed from her. SO my 8.00 vacc trip turned into a 369.00 vet visit cause after she came out of it i took the other two in to get thier shots and then off to the vet we went for her. Well when it was all said and done they did blood work, and gave me an antibiotic for her teeth, she needs to have them done soon, and they put her on phenobarbital for the seizures. I started the pheno on tues after talking to the doc about the dosage and her weight , to find out somewhere along the way someone screwed up and the pills where too much so i am cutting them down. But even going on wha tthe doc said was the correct dosage for her she is acting drunk!!!!!!!! I didnt give it to her today until i talk to the vet again, i left a message for her, i cant keep giving her medicine to her becasue she is staggerin all over the place like she is loaded!!!! if she stands still her back end weaves back and forth, she is loosing her footing and falling down and into things, it is horrible . Has anyone here had t hier dog have this reaction to an ok dose of Pheno?

Latest posts

Back