Phantom Pregnancy linked to gas?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maherwoman

Reaction score
Hey guys...I just realized that perhaps Maisie's phantom pregnancy has something to do with the health trouble she had recently....

Here's what happened:

- Maisie stopped eating and pooping
- She subsequently got quite a large amount of gas, which she got Simethacone for, and it cleared right up

Could those things have been linked to her having a phantom pregnancy? I have to completely admit, I'm not totaly sure when she started making the "nest" she now has in her cage, it might have been as much as three days ago. When during a phantom pregnancy do they do that?

I'm just curious what you guys think...thanks! :)

I think there is a link to it. I had the exact same thing with Pepsi. She built a nest, tehn a few days later had gas. From personal experience, I think there is a connection :D.

Well all of my rabbits have nested, only Zoey actually pulled some fur but there was no gas episode to follow. Although I don't believe there is a link between phantom pregnancies and gas for the general rabbit population, there may be for certain rabbit such as your's and Spring's rabbits.

It was actually your post that made me think of it, and that they may be connected. I find it also kind of strange that Pepsi has fur much like Maisie's...wonder if they're a mix of breed in common, and it's one that is prone to such? Interesting...

Spring wrote:
I think there is a link to it. I had the exact same thing with Pepsi. She built a nest, tehn a few days later had gas. From personal experience, I think there is a connection :D.

Hmm I'm not sure. She only had the major gas after her first pregnancy, a fter I think she had mild gas that she dealt with on her own.

Back