Petstore bunny, but what breed?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nut

Reaction score
Okay, so I got my bun at a petstore, but the guy who bred them wasn't there (and didn't know much anyway). We all know howsome petstore workers are...don't know anything about the pets. When I asked what food she was on they said "pellet". :?

The guy who bred them breeds rabbits for snakefood, so he didn't exactly know what breeds. Only Netherland Dwarf...something. So I thought she looked really neat, being Netherland Dwarf (maybe?) with I thought Cinnamon markings. I don't know all too much about rabbits and breeds/colors, etc., yet, but I saw a picture of Cinnamon and it's all I could come up with...

Here are all my pictures of her, no recent ones since my friend gave me these ofNutmeg and I don't have a USB cord for my camera.

500g84.jpg

Here you can see her face and ears. The brownish color has blended more and her forehead spot has grown in (the really light one at the very top).

2yydqh0.jpg

Here you can see her size, she's grown a little bit since then. I tried weighing her, but my scale is horrible. Once I got 3 lbs., but ever since I can only get about 2 1/2. She really looks like she would be a little heavier though...and to me she looks the perfect weight size in proportion to her length...but I'm definately no expert.

33y13kn.jpg

Here you can see her marking. They're still developing in this picture, but they've really come out now.It's quite odd. It's just a stripe. It's actually bluish if you can believe it. A blackish-blue. It's pretty dark now, as her other markings. And the two tone cream color looks very nice now too.

If you want to see better, you may be able to see hermarkingsand sizein this video...recent, about two weeks ago.

[ame=http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=8e5rfx3&s=1]http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=8e5rfx3&s=1[/ame]

Thanks again!

Oh wow...I looked and saw some pictures of Cinnamon rabbits...wow. Nethermind on that. She looks nothing like it. How come books find the most beautiful rabbits of that breed that look NOTHING like the breed and put it for an example? lol

The color is tortoise. Probably a Heinz 57. I'mguessing there could be breeds such as Netherland Dwarf, Holland Lop, or Mini Rex in the ancestry, but those are just guesses.

The Cinnamon is a large commercial breed with a flyback coat. Ithas the same "tort" coloration.

Pam

I feel so much better now! I had NO clue and waited for pam to see if she knew LOL!

She's adorable tho! What a cute little nose! :hearts:

pamnock wrote:
The color is tortoise. Probably a Heinz 57. I'mguessing there could be breeds such as Netherland Dwarf, Holland Lop, or Mini Rex in the ancestry, but those are just guesses.

Pam,there isa black (blue?)mark on her right side and above the eye.

If that is the case, the bunny is a torted japanese harlequin in color (not the breed).

Aww! I wonder if your baby will grow up to look like my Morgan. Morgan is roughly a Dutch/Rex/Harlequin. Morgan has the nose and ear shape of a Californian to me, though.

l_ea44f73b34e4e7b9f7d2bf4019cd134a.jpg

MyBabyBunnies wrote:
pamnock wrote:

Pam,there isa black (blue?)mark on her right side and above the eye.

If that is the case, the bunny is a torted japanese harlequin in color (not the breed).

Good Eye! I can see it now - also a stripe along the side. We see that color in the Holland Lops occasionally with the self aa gene combined with the ej e (harle with non-extension). They appear to be torts, but may give themselves away with a few black markings.

Pam

Latest posts

Back