Petsmart

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~BunBuns~

Reaction score
Rollandchew.jpg

disposiblelitterbox.jpg

carefresh.jpg

hairbrush.jpg

House.jpg

Litter.jpg

1. Roll and chew

2. disposible litter boxes

3.carefresh bedding for small animals

4. super pet pro slicker brush

5. pet hideaway

6.litter pan with a scoop

I use the carefresh bedding and I can attestthat it absorbs odors and urine wonderfully. My bunny also loves to digaround in it :bunnydance:

-Daniela

That litter pan isn't too bad but I think the square one made my the same company is actually larger for less $$.

Disposible litter boxes, they look kind of shallow.

Pet hideaway looks like fun... but so is a nice cardboard box:cool:

1. Roll and chew.......it might be a neat toy.

2. disposible litter boxes.....I think it would be a huge waste ofmoney. Go to walmart and get a kitty litter box (no dome ontop).

3.carefresh bedding for small animals.....see answer to Johanna below.

4. super pet pro slicker brush....I have never used it, but thoughtabout buying it. I am sure it would work just fine on a bunny.

5. pet hideaway.....I know rats and mice LOVE these. I think bunnieswould be just as happy with a cardboard box, a dome for a kitty litterbox, or a small plastic dog house. Check you local freecycle ads (its ayahoo group) for any of these.

6.litter pan with a scoop....again, kitty litter box from Walmart.They are large enough for the bun to lounge in, they have high sides,and they are about $4. The Critter Litter is also a huge waste ofmoney.

Johanna
.....if you want the cheapest and most effective litter, Iwould go to the feed store and get Woody Pet. It is a pelleted woodbedding, and it absorbs wonderfully. I think its about $6 for 30-40lbs.

You can also go to PetsMart or Petco and get Yesterday's News catlitter, which is a pelleted paper based litter. At my Petco I can get30lbs of it for about $15, it's still pricey and I prefer wood pelletsas I have seen unsafe things inside my bag of YN litter before.

I used actual wood stove pellets from Walmart. You can find themoutside in the gardening section, just ask an employee where they are.I get a 40lbs bag for $5, it lasts me quite a while and I clean outlitter pans every 2-3 days.

- Amy (Mallory, Morgan, and Madilyn-Mae):hearts

Hi thanks for the quickresponse. I bought cat "pine pellets" on Saturdayand used it for one night. My bunny died Sundaymorning. Are woody pellets different than pinepellets? I don't know if he died from the pine pellets orstress since I just purchased him Friday. I can't really sayif he was eating and drinking but I know he was urinating anddefacating and was quite active until Sunday morning.

Johanna......I don't think it was thepellets. I think some people on this forum have used those Feline Pinepellets. It could have been stress as to why the little guy passed on,or it also could have been that he was simply too young. How old was he?

I am not sure what kind of wood the wood pellets are made from. I havebeen using them for 4 months and I haven't had any problems at all. Iknow some people on this forum have used Woody Pet for years withoutany problems.

I just think that they are the cheapest and most effective litter. Inmy opinion....YN is too expensive, pine and cedar aren't safe, aspenmakes a mess, Carefresh is too expensive for the quality and smellsreally gross when wet, and corn cob and clay cat litters are also notsafe.

- Amy (Mallory, Morgan, and Madilyn-Mae):hearts

I have that brush and it doesnt work on Phinn ashis hair is short, I think it would work better on longer hair. Thebristles are kinda long and not effective.

Silvie&Phinn

HEy there..

The slicker brush... I have the same one, and I find it doesn't work onany of my buns. It has plastic bristles and it just slidesthrough the fur without actually brushing anything out. Mistyhas a flyback coat, and Charlie has a rollback coat and it doesn't workon either one. I find that a Zoom Groom works like magic onMisty's coat (they are in the cat section at Petsmart).

The hideaway... it's actually going to be too small. I knowthe one you're looking at and you bun won't be able to fit inside of itfor very long, but may enjoy standing on the top... I would just find agood cardboard box (cheaper and more fun because your bun will enjoytearing it up).

Disposable litters... don't bother, waste of time I think.Get some cat litter pans and you just have to clean them out with somevinegar when you clean the litter.

I purchased a Roll and Chew for Raph and Annalast year and was disappointedwith it. You have to put ittogether (there are little pegs that go into holes that are supposed toconnect it), and I couldn't get it to stay together at all. The holeswere too big for the pegs, so in the end I wound up tying it togetherwith cord just so the rabbits could play with it. (And when youconsider how much these little novelties cost, that was disappointing.)And once I got it to stay together (though not very well) neither oneof them touched it. Then again, Raph and Anna never did take to toysvery well...most of the time they'd ignore them. The only time Raphever played with anything was with a small cat ball that held abell...and I don't think he was playing with it. He'd just get mad thatit was in his way and would fling it out of the cage. :?

I have a triangle litter pan and i think itworks pretty well, I had an square litter box and my rabbit would flipit over often. I think the 3 sides makes it a little harder to flipover. But a kitty litter box would be stronger so thats also good. AndI agree, the disposable litter box would be wasting money.

binkies wrote:
Everything looks perfectly fine to me except the CritterLitter in the last picture.
I bought the same kit for our hamster but threw away the litter. It looks like Rose fertilizer.

Back