Petrooms!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aquamoonbeam

Reaction score
So I know many of you have large menageries and I was wondering how you all house them. We have a spare room that will be my animal room. So far I only have my two unbounded bunnies in their nic cages and a ball python. But I would be interested in seeing all your setups!

My "office" has the two NIC set ups for my 2 bonded pair, two gerbils in a tank, and 9 finches. I moved the turtles to the hall when their house expanded to a 135 gal aquarium that's 6 feet long. I can take some pictures, but this is what I have for the moment.

This is Houdini and Sophie's side
083-1.jpg

This is the bird set up (two 3 foot cages put together)
088.jpg

The gerbils (2 boys)are in a 20 gal aquarium
100_0940.jpg

100_0941.jpg

I don't really have pictures of Becky and Gary's side at the moment, so here's her cute little tushy
IMG_5593.jpg

I can get some more over all room photos on how they all come together. Needless to say there isn't much room left for me!

I'm living with my parents until I finish grad school, so I have to keep all my animals in my room: my rats, my rabbit, and my bird. I actually just recently changed my room around because it was feeling crowded, and the way I have it now made it feel MUCH bigger. But I'm lucky because my bedroom is pretty big, anyway.

DSC_0005-2.jpg

DSC_0006-1.jpg

And the bird cage is on the other side of the room on my spare dresser.
DSC_0008-1.jpg

wow!! I am impressed. When my daughter's home burned down 8 years ago we have 2 rabbits, 9 rats, 2 birds, 4 guinea pigs, 2 hamsters, a dog, 1 old great grandma, 2 grandparents, 2 parents and 5 kids all living in a 4 bedroom, 1 bathroom house. Wish I had taken photos of the chaos. We were on TV during the news at one time. We actually lived that way for 10 months until she was able to find housing suitable for her family. Personally I prefer you set up. lol

gmas rabbit wrote:
Where do you find room to have a nap with the bunnies that you talk about?? Where are the 2 new ones going? Other than that it looks organized and great. Brandy's zoo lol
LOL to the left of Becky's tube is open floor space that is just blankets for Gary's feet and their toys. So I stretch out there and zonk out. The birds at my head, the gerbils on my left and buns to my right, or on me in the case of Gary (he loves to hop on my head).

Regular cleaning of the rabbit boxes and gerbil/bird cages. Luckily gerbils and the birds don't really smell so they only need cleaned once a week. The rabbit boxes are cleaned out every other day, thank goodness I use the dirty litter in my garden so I'm not throwing it away in the trash.

I also sanitize the carpeting once a month. I have an organic, chemical free cleaner that is antimicrobial so I let the buns run and spray down the carpeting. I wash all of the blankets with the cleaner once a month. There are fans in the room so the carpet dries quickly before the rabbits are back in the room.

The only time smell was an issue was when Sophie was new before she got spayed. It made the house smell like a barn and drove me nuts! Luckily that went away once her hormones went away.

Ya i change every other day but still smell them. Excited ill get a pet room soon...slash office slash playroom lol.
I use vinegar and water. What do you use?

I had to have my husband tell me the name, I couldn't remember it. Whip-It http://www.amazingwhipit.com/about-whip-it.html

It smells like eucalyptus and citrus when wet, but there's no smell after it dries. In the laundry the clothes have a light scent when they are wet, but don't smell like anything when they come out of the dryer. I use this when I'm nursing a rabbit and have to have them in a padded basket. It gets the urine smell completely out in one wash.

I even use it in the bird cage with them in there with no adverse effects. I'm asthmatic so I can't use any strong cleaners (bleach sends me into an attck). It is safe to have on your hands and the demo guy even drank the stuff! I won't go as far as drinking it though.

It takes all the smell from the litter boxes as well as sanitizes. I use it for the cat's litter boxes as well.

I also found that the horse stall pellets work much better than yesterday's news or care fresh to keep the litter smell down.

I live in a 1 bedroom apartment with my mother and fiance after having to make a fast move to where she was living.
The small animals have to be in our room so we can close the door at night to keep the cats out. We have a rabbit and rats. Mom took the couch haha.
I'm not giving full pics because it's a mess in here, but this is the pet area.

This is to the right of the bed and the window, rat cages and a big kitchen hutch thing are here.

IMG_1994[1]

Rabbit is next to the rats and his pen blocks him in that whole corner and half the room.

IMG_1995[1]

Across from the rabbit is a dresser, and the corner the pics are from is me standing on our bed. Not a very big room.

Ooooh thanks Brandy for providing that link. I might get some since bleach smell tends to make me sick.

My one bedroom apartment is kind of like a petroom. haha. I have Harvey's nic condo in my bedroom along with a gecko tank sitting on my desk. That tank I'm still trying to figure out where I am going to put it once I get a stand. I might need to rearrange things or get a stand that will hold two tanks. In my living room I have two more gecko tanks (the boys) and a ten gallon planted tank with three orange hatchet danios and a few assisin snails (I think 3, I haven't seen all 3 recently tho).
Plus two cats. I sound like the crazy animal lady.

Latest posts

Back