Petfinder photo

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnowyShiloh

Reaction score
I was so taken aback by the picture of this dog on Petfinder:

http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/photoView.cgi?petid=5780464&photo=1

Do they actually WANT the dog to get adopted? A dog with it's teeth bared leaping into the air spraying urine doesn't really make me think "awesome pet material". The other two pictures are really cute. Maybe they're just trying to show the "other" side of the dog so people know what they're getting if they adopt him, but sheesh. Maybe he's actually happy and excited in the picture, it's hard to tell. What do you all think?

Yeah that's weird. Does the description say anything about his temperament?

Claire, the description says he isn't good with cats, dogs or children because while he likes to play and have fun, he gets too into it and plays too rough. He's 2 1/2 years old and has food allergies. He needs a patient, understanding home with experienced owners.

Omg!! That made me laugh SO hard! The projectile urine is too much. I'm not sure why'd they put that picture up. I guess so he doesn't get adopted by someone who just sees a cute little dog & isn't prepared for the realities of dog ownership? Most of the small dogs I know are wack-jobs. lol

my dog is mall. but big. lol
i think its reponsible to show the dog how it is..
but i think the pic was a bit much myself

It's does seem bizarre that they would put a photo like that up! I guess the owner must really want the dog to go to a home that understands the reality of having a dog, but it does seem over the top. I definitely would be much less inclined to adopt a dog with a photo like that!

OIC. Sounds like they're trying to make sure the family of this dog knows he isn't just a cute lil fluffball and is in fact a holy terror. Interesting.

Also, this doggie is at a dog rescue, he wasn't placed on Petfinder by his current owners... There are a lot of dogs at the shelter and in rescues up here, but seriously 90% of them are husky mixes- sled dogs. When I did a search for small dogs, there were only like 5 in Fairbanks and North Pole (which is a smaller town a few miles south from here).

wow. that's a..um....interesting picture! it's kinda funny, but what on EARTH were they thinking, LOL!?

That dog has some projectile:biggrin2:

Yeah that dogs it not finding a home anytime soon

That's awesome!
Somebody is going to adopt that dog, just based on appreciation of that kind of character.

Great marketing :D

I honestly thought that someone was spraying water from a water bottle at the dog and the dog was playfully jumping up to grab it and the picture that was snapped just looked aggressive. :p

Oh my oh my.......LOL I was shocked at first but then when hubby started laughing so hard I couldn't hold back. I've never seen anything like that. I hope he finds an awesome home.:) Thanks for sharing-it made my day.

Oh my gosh. That is too funny! Definitely made me laugh!

Latest posts

Back