peter throws bowls

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamieg25

Reaction score
peter likes to throw bowls and i have looked for something that attaches to the cage to stop this but peter is a large kid and the bowls and feeders that attach to the cage are made too small for his head so those are not possible unless i can find one with a largeopening

i need to know why peter will throw his bowl because i go through a lot of food from his throwing

How big of a bowl do you need? There are dog bowls that attach to metal cages. They come in a variety of sizes.

I finally got sick of my bun throwing his food and water bowl. So i bought the stainless steel kind that bolt onto the cage. I have 16oz bowls and they are about 4 1/2"-5" in diameter. Best purchase ever!

i will need to look online since in the stores where i am the only bowls that places sell either are sized for dwarf rabbits and gunea pigs or the store chooses to only sell bowls that do not attach to the cage

What about a larger ceramic crock? That way it might be too heavy for him to pick up. I give my guys their veggies in an old Pyrex casserole dish and their water in a stainless steel "no-tip" dog bowl. They do get their pellets in a tiny little crock, but the problem was knocking over the bowls, not throwing them.

OMG! i was going to post this, my 5month old female, is digging in the bowl, throing it, pulliing it, wasting food......

is it her hormones? should spaying help? (i am still getting er spayed anyway..)

thanks.

:threadhijacked:lol, only joking sorry!

Have you tried the "no-tip" dog bowls? You know, the ones that slope to the ground and are too smooth to grab onto? I would think those could help.

kherrmann3 wrote:
Have you tried the "no-tip" dog bowls? You know, the ones that slope to the ground and are too smooth to grab onto? I would think those could help.
Yeah I thought this would work for Lola too but she still picks hers up and throws it around. :grumpy: I don't know how she grabs hers but she does. I think she gets it from the bottom.

if it is not attached peter always finds a way to pick it up and throw it and for the ceramic bowls i have tried the ones that are not expensive but peter still picks those up and throws them

hmmm.... have you looked in the bird section? they might have some bowls that attach to the cage although I doubt they'd be any bigger than the ones in the small animal section. you could get one of those little litterboxes that attaches to the cage and use that as a food bowl...

I don't even use a food bowl. Every time I would put food in the dish, she would dump it immediately and eat it off the floor of the cage, so I just put her food on the floor now, lol.

If you go in the petstore and look around where they have dog carriers / crates - there are usually bowls there that can attach to a cage - and they are plenty big.

Bill throws his bowls too. I keep putting the food in there like a good bunny slave and then I just let him eat it off the floor.

Easiest fix I've found with mine is using the "bungie - tie down" cords (has hooks at both ends) and hooking one end at the bottom corner of the cage (my bun is in a Nic pen) and wrap over the lip of the bowl and hook the other end tight on the cage. No more tossing of bowl but now bun when cranky - digs his pellets out... They always find away around you - LOL! Will post photo if you need one. Good luck.

I'm sure you can find the ones that bolt to the cage. Tony has a big head and we have them for him. They have them for large birds and dogs also.

yaya551 wrote:
I don't even use a food bowl. Every time I would put food in the dish, she would dump it immediately and eat it off the floor of the cage, so I just put her food on the floor now, lol.
I do that too, haha! I thought I was the only one :p.

Sometimes I hide food in lots of different places too so the bunny has to forage for it.

NZminilops wrote:
yaya551 wrote:
I do that too, haha! I thought I was the only one :p.

Sometimes I hide food in lots of different places too so the bunny has to forage for it.
I bet your bunny loves that, lol.

Back