Pet Costume Contest

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becknutt

Reaction score
My Roxy won 2nd place in the pet costume contest at Petsmart last night!! She was a hot dog, and also answers to the nickname "hot dog." Everyone got a kick out of that. She was the biggest dog in the competition. There were about 25 dogs in all (and 2 kittens.) Not surprisingly we were the only ones with a homemade costume. Here is her in her costume before we went. I'll have to upload the contest shots (including some of the other contestants) and will post them soon.

hotdog.jpg

128688458716042032.jpg

Anyone else dress their non-bunny pets up? I had considered taking Ruby in her Marshmallow bag costume I made her last year but I was affraid the number of dogs involved would really stress her.

That is so cute! What a great idea! Did you guys win anything?

I took my dads rabbit to a costume contest a two years ago and she won 1st place! Beat out about 35+ animals! She was a cheerleader :) lol. I got a fish tank and some other stuff, it was pretty cool. They've already had it this year I think....or maybe not....I don't know...It seems like it was just two weeks ago that it was last October, so I'm pretty sure they haven't had it yet, lol. I will have to see about it this year! I wanna do it again!

Emily

Thats great! I was telling my daughter we could have gotten first place if we would have brought a rabbit! I just wasn't sure how they would reactto bein a strange place with all those dogs around.

We won a $20 Petsmart gift card, a bag full of treats & goodies, and had a picture taken that is hanging up in the store.It was great fun!

My daughter took some pics but I don't think she had the flash on. They came out really bad. The first place winner was a puppy in a chicken costume. Third was a little chihuahua dressed as a fairy princess. There were some cute costumes, I'm surprised more people didn't make their own.

I love Roxie's outfit! And it looks like she doesn't mind wearing it either. :)

I do dress my dog up, but only for revenge purposes. ;) When I got home tonight I put Kaya's outfit on her and made her wear it for a few blocks...total humiliation; I love it! Since she is good at humiliating me 364 days of the year, I finally get my one day in. :devil

Here's a pic of my bozo dog (kinda blurry)...but what I didn't notice was the creature in the background when I took the photo. Take a look at my cat's freaky eyes...

oct3108kayaskunk3640x480.jpg

Cute costume! With that white stipe, is he a skunk? lol. It's too bad my daughter didn't have the flash for her camera turned on, all of the pictures from the store came out a blurry mess. I always get a kick out of seeing bigger dogs dressed up, just because you don't see it that often.

Roxy LOVES wearing clothes. She gets excited when you put them on, like she feels human or something. She has a couple of t-shirts and a sweater, in addition to her costumes. She is almost always wearing a bandana. Imade a Tootsie Roll costume for my cat last year, but she hated it. Would flop down and make terrable noises until you took it off. lol.

Wow, that's home made? You're really good.

OH wow, I didn't realize yours was homemade! I agree, you're VERY good! It's so cute that Roxy doesn't mind wearing things...my dog gets a bit embarrassed. :biggrin2: Yep, she was a skunk, though in the pic you can't see the tail, and the head keeps sliding down to her neck.

I'm very impressed at Roxy's hotdog costume though, it suits her to a tee!

Thanks everyone. I'm quite the seamstress when I want to be. lol

The year before last I made her a "poodle skirt" but instead of a poodle it had a cat on it. She was a 50s girl. It was really cute, she got a lot of attention trick or treating.

Latest posts

Back