pet bunny breed?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luluznewz

Reaction score
I adopted a pet (I have no intention of ever showing rabbits) rabbit about a week ago. She was advertised as a lionhead mix. I'm completely fine with her being a mix, she is just a pet after all.

However, someone mentioned that they thought she was a full breed lionhead. I was wondering if anyone could give me a little more sure answer. It just for my own curiosity, purebreed, mix breed, whatever, I would just like to know. I have posted a few pictures.

Also, if she is a mix I was wondering if anyone could venture a guess at what else she is mixed with.

She is a year old, and this is her full size.

IMG_0895.jpg

IMG_0889-1.jpg

side2.jpg

Her name is Lulu by the way :)

The only way to know whether a rabbit is purebred for sure is if it has a pedigree and you can clearly see that the last 4 generations are all purely bred.

However, based on the way Lionhead genetics work and how unstable they are right now...since your bun has a mane, it is pretty likely that it's a purebred. Not positively though.

She looks like a lionhead to me but then again I'm no expert on breeds.

On the other hand it's a good thing you live far far away from me cause I would have to come a steal that adorable bunny from you :inlove::devil

Haha thanks! She is pretty cute...problem is she knows it!

And thanks everyone for your input. I'd love her even if she was mixed with a red squirrel, but its interesting to know.

Latest posts

Back