Personality

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kathy

Reaction score
Romeo is still very young (6 months) right now and I'm wondering at what age a rabbit's personality is usually "set"? As in, is there a certain time when I would know that he's matured and his temperament won't change around much anymore?

Some days, he's very tolerant of humans and on others, he doesn't want anything to do with us. It varies on a daily basis, I guess, but I've seen some permanent change in his overall personality ever since I got him.

Lastly, is there anything I can do at this point in helping become a friendly guy when he's older? He has free run of the living room and the pet room whenever I'm home already and we handle him everyday,although sometimes he squirms and kicks like there's no tomorrow.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Hi Kathy, you have one good looking Bunny there.

Has Romeo (great name) been fixed yet? I found that once we got our fixed they seem to mellow well two did and the other two only have eyes for each other. My husband and I are just the slaves for Wilbur & Jackie, not too much loving from them.

Our Buttercup is the friendliest Bunny you could ever ask for. I guess we were spoiled when we got him and expected all Bunnies to be as friendly as he is.

I look forward to seeing lots of pictures of Romeo.

Susan:bunnydance:

:yeahthat Also at 6 months, he's going through his 'teenage' years and may be more aggressive and less tolerant of you but it calms down as he gets a bit older.

My Charlie is going through that right now as well even though he is neutered. Loving and cuddly one minute, but as soon as I make him stop doing something he wants to do (like chewing my laundry basket), he turns into a little terror, charging me and boxing.

Sounds like your bun is going through his bit of teenager years as well.

Like sooska said - neutering should improve his disposition a lot if he's not already done.

I have to be short on words right now because I need to head out the door like.. now.

Oops, I guess I should've mentioned that he is neutered. :)

I think there should be some kind of award for anyone who's gotten through the "teenage" stage with a bunny. My girl,Nibbles (spayed in May, adopted by me in June) could be a little terror at times - she's my first bun, and there really were days that I wished I could swap her (for a few hours, at least) with a calmer rabbit.

she had an essentially sweet personality to begin with, and really does now that she's past that stage. (Which lasted through the first five months I had her.)

Time, love and patience will see you and Charlie through this stage.

Latest posts

Back