Personalities?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^Ha ha, how true is that!

I don't think any answer I could give you would be better than that. Personally though, i love that they are all different, all have their quirks, their likes and dislikes, some are like puppies, others like cats, or little children. To explain why they are such great pets, I might be here all day so I'll go with Maureen's answer :D

Rabbit's are quiet, intelligent, and they do not need to be taken out for walks. They have a great mix of independence and lovableness. They can be litter box trained and have very little odor (especially when spayed/neutered). Rabbit's are very clean animals. They will quickly steal your heart with their adorable antics and overall enthusiasm towards life.

Any rabbit I've had has been like a cat: very hygienic, and VERY wary of what they're putting into their bodies. My rabbit, Honey, won't even eat fruit, because she feels it's of no nutritional value to her.

That's more than I can say for dogs, or even my guinea pig, as both, in my opinion at least, will eat whatever they want, even if it's bad for them.

But then...Honey also has a secret love for green beans. :)

Pet rabbits, once they get the hang of you, will make you feel so loved, wanted, and needed while at the same time play hard to get. They are such fun to have around, they are all individuals :) but if you mean as a house pet, yeah they are incredibly clean and quite independent in their self care.

I think they're hillarious. They can always make me laugh. Whether it's nudging my ankle to beg for treats or pets, doing something naughty and binkying away, digging in their cage and protecting their space, or flopping around cuddled up to each other, they're just so funny. I also really agree with what others have said, especially kirbyultra. The fact that it's hard to win a rabbit's affection and trust makes it even more worth getting.

We have three rabbits and what I enjoy about them is that they are usually very calm and nonchalant, unlike my noisy and boisterous dogs. Unlike the dogs, they aren't desperate for our attention and are easy on the schedule.

Only one of my rabbits is a people-lover who will come over for petting, sit on your lap, etc. The other two rabbits are not hostile toward people, but they are not interested in being handled. They mostly interact with us by asking for snacks.

I'd say my rabbits are like bossy cats. Their attitude is "I am going to do what I want to do, now please hand me that Tostito." At the same time, they nearly always choose to be in a room where we are, instead of a room where we are not, so they must have some interest in just being with us. Or else they like TV.

Latest posts

Back