Pepsi & the vet

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pepsipooper

Reaction score
Alright, well i brought my little pooper to the vet yesterday to have the nails trimmed and physical.
First off, it is official, Pepsipooper IS a girl :D :mrsthumper:
next, i was told she "may have an impacted tooth" as well as having had trauma to one of her toes.
Lastly she is a bit overweight @3lbs but vet said she is definitely NOT a nethy, possibly a polish. As well, she seams to be matting slightly on her underbelly :(
when the vet left the room poor peps was trying to snuggle and give me licks as if to say " plz get me outa here" right then the vet came back in, saw my loving bun, & congratulated me on a pretty happy & healthy bun :) :yes:

Anyhow, the vet did say i should bring her back in a month to be spayed but needs to lose some weight.
how do i get rid of the matting when she hates being picked up and besides not giving many pellets how do i get her to lose some of this weight?

Hm, surprised the vet didn't offer to shave off the mats. They must be pretty mild, though I'm afraid you'll have to pick her up to get them off. You can either chop them off with scissors, or use a wet cloth on it and work out the knots with your finger or a comb.

As for losing weight, I'd cut back 1/3rd of her pellets, eliminate treats and maybe let her out more times a day so she can exercise herself. :)

I agree with the above answer. I feed my Nethies about 1/4 cup a day. And some hay. If you're going to get her spayed, they will shave her then if you can't get them off now.

If you cut back her pellets, she will probably eat more hay and that will also help keep her teeth healthy :)

I have to blame my fiance for the over pellet situation.. however i do give her lots of hey, lettuce, dill weed etc but i guess its too much altogether :(
She is a free run bunny (us never enclosed) in our apartment so exercise isnt an issue really.
I will probably just get the vet to do the mats when i spay her, it will be less traumatic for her and she won't dislike me for trying to turn her over ;)

Latest posts

Back