pepsi and odd sounds

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pepsipooper

Reaction score
Pepsi has been going through some changes and one of them is a noise she has made a few times now. It sounds like a cat with a hairball :S is this new sound telling me she may beill? Her eating habbits have not changed nor has her daily grooming of me changed although she has begun to slow down on her binkies and bunny 500's that i call bunny zooms and she loves being told she is pretty :) i just hope nothing is wrong with her:(

How's the poop? What's she doing when she's making this noise?

Her poops are fairly normal somedays they may be a bit larger than normal, maybe the size of a pea, sometimes there are smaller ones like when she was a kit.

When she makes these noises she is usually sitting up or laying. My fiance says she has done it twice around him and once around me. I was asleep on the couch when i heard it. It almost looked like she was trying to caugh up a hairball but i read this is not possible so i dont know what to think :(

Is she spayed? I think that unspayed rabbits can make some strange sounds like honking etc. Is it possible she's sneezing? Or maybe grunting? The first time Sophie did this, it sounded like a bull frog croaking. It really weirded me out until I realised it was a grunt...and that meant she wasn't happy!

I dunno what to say other than as long as the peeing, pooping is normal, that's always a good sign.

Is there any consistency to WHEN shes making this noise? Like are you invading her space or is she seeing something she doesn't like? If all other other things appear normal, I would say just monitor for now.

No she is not fixed. I cant seam to find a vet who treats rabbits so i havent been able to have her spayed.
As far as we know, nothing is any different as for things around her and when she has done this (my fiamce said one of the times she made this strange sound he was sleeping on the couch too and like me,it woke him to her doing it.) she was just chilling like usual.
He said he would call it honking. I have heard her sneeze once or twice since i got her at xmas so its not that.

I will continue monitoring as you suggested and thankyou for thoughts, muchly appreciated

Latest posts

Back