Peppers Medical Journey - Please help!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the thoughts and prayers - she's still acting normal today, so I'm not as worried anymore. Naturally, my thoughts are always on her (AKA, I'm freaking out a lot!) but seems great after the scare I had.

I don't mix her duo-pen with anything, neither one of the Vets have mentioned this? They also haven't mentioned warming it to room temperature. A few times it had been, but that was because I would draw it out and not always inject right away (if she was in the litter box or eating when I came into the room, etc) It doesn't say anything on the glass bottle it comes in either, so I'm not aware of anything.

Is there something I dont know? Peppers been on and off different penicillins since November 2010 and this was our first issue... guess we've been lucky..

I've never given it myself, but I seem to recall reading something about giving it at room temps as it has something to do with it being less thick at room temperature. I think that was it anyways. Maybe you could call your vet office and ask them about these things. Or you may find some info researching it. Maybe you could pm pipp and ask about it as well.

Glad to hear Pepper is back to normal. She's quite the fighter!

Last edited:
Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers, guys. Last night Pepper developed, completely out of nowhere, an instant case of the wobbles. She can't make it into her cage without assistance as she needs to hop up, and her eyes are rapidly moving. I can only assume this is wry neck even though there is no tilt right now.

I believe I have come to the decision that if she makes it until her vet visit and goodbyes with the family, we will be letting her go.

If I needed more proof that pets understand us, this happens after a particularly rough couple of weeks; I told her that if she was ready to go, let me know before I refill her expensive set of medications. I think she is letting me know.

Thoughts, prayers, and suggestions to making her comfortable in the final stretch are much appreciated.
-Laura

I'm so sorry Pepper's not doing well. She's been such a little fighter. Wry neck can sometimes be treatable if it hasn't progressed too far, by giving anti parasitic meds if it is caused by e. cuniculi, or antibiotics if it is an ear infection. I hope you are able to find a way to help her pull through this, but I understand if you think you've done all you can for her.

Back