Pepper (my hamster)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreamgal042

Reaction score
I was cleaning cages today, cuz they were longoverdue. when i went to take my hamsters out to clean their cage, theywere asleep. I got Salt out first, then Pepper. for some reason ithought pepper looked smaller. he was also colder than salt. now he'snot doing well at all. he's still alive, but just barely. I got him ona hot water bottle to try to keep his body temperature up. if he doesmake motion, its extremely wabbly. i keep thinking brain damage. healso isnt able to grab onto things. if i put him on my shirt, and pickhim up, he just goes limp. he's not gonna make it tonight =(

I'm trying to stay hopeful. its been an hour andhe's still alive. it seems like he's getting weaker, but if he can lastanother half hour until my dad gets home, we're gonna take him to thevet.

Im sorry to hear that...i had a hamster that wassick i tried to help him on my own ....it ended up i had to put him tosleep...it was the best thing for him....i'll keep you in my thoughts

i am sorry about Pepper and the other posters hamter as well.

Cristy

hmm...I dunno what's going on with Rahoon, when Iwas watching him last night he was on his back, twitching and breathingfunny. I woke up this morning and he's in his bed sleeping lookingalmost normal (His breathing is still odd). Soo, I dunno if he's dyingor what :?:(

How's Pepper today, Dreamgal042?

How's HamHam today, MBLM?

-Carolyn

he seems to be sleeping, hes wrapped up in ablanket...hes not doing so good I don't think. But, knowing how he is,the poor lil guy just wont give up. Sometimes I wish he'd die becauseit so sad to see him this way :(

picked him up last night at 6. by about 7:30 ididnt know if he'd make it cuz he wasnt moving that much. closer to 8,he was wriggling more, and trying to move. he's a fighter. then byabout 8:15, he was breathing funny. his breaths were loud, and hischest would puff out a lot, then just deflate. he was gone last nightby 8:30.

the thing im wondering now is about Salt, my other hamster. I'mprobably going to take him into the vet today to see if whatever Pepperwas suffering from was effecting Salt. He seems fine though, but thenso did pepper yesterday.

I'm so sorry aboutPepper!

So So Sorry, Dreamgal042. I'll keep Salt in myprayers.

I know how badly it aches when they have to leave us. You'll be in my thoughts today.

Michelle,

Give HamHam a kiss for me. I love that little guy. He's given us so much joy and laughter.

-Carolyn

Sorry about Pepper. At least he isnt hurting anymore. I hope Salt is ok. Let us know.

Cristy

I'll give him lots of kisses. Poor lil guy isn'tgonna make it much longer though :( But he's a fighter, and I know he'snot gonna give up too easily. He's blind, he jumped off the table andbroke both of his back legs, his fur seems to be thinning out, and hebarely moves. But, the lil guy just wont give up, I wish he would soboth him and I can finally rest, but he won't. 4 years old and stillgoing after all he's been through. He's definetly my little SuperHam.I'll keep you posted on his health, because with him, you never know.He might just last another year.

I'm so sorry about Pepper. The problem withhamsters is that they bring you so much joy and you get so attached tothem but they are only with you for a short time. When they are old,they can deteriorate so suddenly or go without warning.

Keep us posted as to how Salt gets on.

Siobhan xxx

MBLM- 4 years? Thats not bad! Hope HamHam is ok.

You're so right, Siobhan. Ireally grieved for my little guy when he passed on. My heartgoes out to both Dreamgal and MBLM. :(

My heart goes out to both of you Dreamgal andMBLM. Please remember your dear Pepper is now at the Rainbow Bridge. Hewill have many friends to play with. I hope all is well with Salt.

MBLM, I hope your little Hammie gets better.

Tina

Latest posts

Back