Pepper made it through her spay

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LuvaBun wrote:
Poor girl. I hope the stitches are more successful than theglue. Give her a kiss from me - just tell her the collar is an EasterBonnet ;)

Jan
I tried to tell her but she wasn't believing it :?. She wasactually able to get the collar off over night (darned wabbit) andpulled out one of the two stiches :mad:. I can't watch herwhile I'm sleeping... called the doc and the incision doesn't reallylook pulled apart and there is still one stich so I might not have totake her back. She is eating better though... she eats allher veggies and she had some pellets too. Still isn'tdrinking out of her water bottle, but took a little out of a bowl...I'm not too worried since she is getting some water from herveggies. She's moving around a lot more now so I think thepain is wearing off a bit. She seems to be getting back toher mischievious self. I just hope I don't have to take herback to the doc... doesn't seem there is any reason to put anotherstich back on if she can get the shade off whenever she wants... ohwell, we will see. I will keep everyone updated.

~ Jamie

Try a kitten collar, thats what I had to use onCorky....it took him almost 2 weeks to learn to get that undone andoff....**sigh**...by then we were far enough out when he popped acouple stitches it was't a huge deal!

Next step if that don't work.....Duct tape! :shock::p

PuterGeekGirl wrote:
Next step if that don't work.....Duct tape! :shock::p
Lol... you got quite a laugh out of me with that one PGG... I just canimage Pepper with duct tape around her neck... my husband wouldn't stoplaughing for days... he all ready thinks the shade is funny enough..makes her head look midget sized... my poor baby :(

:DJamie

Well if you keep putting that "shade" thing on her then make sure noother bunny sees her and laughs!!! Poor Pepper you don't want to giveher a complex.

NOw I am not for sure who did this but I did see it somewherehere, that if all else fails and she still pulls at her stitches go getyourself (well Pepper I mean) a T Shirt and pop it on her from the babysection at the shop, like a small shirt for a new born or similar sizeand see how you go with that.

Just an idea.

That's so funny about the duct tape. Ihope she heals okay. I can just imagine my rabbits they wouldbe doing the same thing that's why I'm so afraid to get them spayed oraleast part of the reason. Bunnies are just so stubborn, Iknow mine are. They are really cute but when they really wantto do something they just go for it.

Charlie

Last update on Pepper... she pulled out the laststich (I figured she would the lil brat)...called the vet and they toldme not to worry about it and just keep neosporin on iteveryday. She is eating and drinking like normal and thumpingaway at me because i won't let her out of her cage other than forcheckups. I told her that the vet said she had to relax forabout 10 days but I don't think she listened really well:shock:. But all in all she is doing well... thanks everyonefor your help and support.. I'm glad we're through the scary part.

~ Jamie

What a naughty girl! At least it sounds like she is feeling a little better.

My vet said 2 weeks but I had to let Mocha start coming out again at 5days. She just got so depressed and stopped eating.As soon as I saw that, I was like BE FREE, LITTLE BUNNY!Instant fix. She wasn't pulling her stitches,though. The vet said they were internal stitches- they weretucked up away from where she could reach them.

Yeah, I felt bad for her today... every time Iwalked by her cage she stood on her hind legs like she was begging tobe let out so I caved and let her hop around for about 10minutes. I find it a little weird that the vet didn't want tostich her up again... the hole on her belly is not huge but there is ahole. He first usedglue but it wasn't holdingtoward the bottom ofher incision.. then went to two stichesbut theyonly lasted a day (littlesneak!).NowI am just watching it closely for infection and hoping itsomehow comes together on its own :?. I'm just glad she isacting like her "bratty" self again :D

~ Jamie

My rabbit is also named Pepper,but my Pepper isa he and your Pepper is a she.I hope nobody gets confusedaboutour Pepper(on the name).

I think it will be easier telling them apartbecause yours is a male. Do you have a picture of yourPepper? My Pepper is the white bunny in my avatar.

~ Jamie

PepperGrl wrote:
I think it will be easier telling them apart because yoursis a male. Do you have a picture of your Pepper? MyPepper is the white bunny in my avatar.

~ Jamie
Here is a picture of my Pepper,he is 2 years old and he is anetherland dwarf.How old is your Pepper?Your Pepper is very cute inyour avatar.

Pepper wrote:
Hereis a picture of my Pepper,he is 2 years old and he is a netherlanddwarf.How old is your Pepper?Your Pepper is very cute in youravatar.
Thank you. Your Pepper is a doll. My Pepper is amini lop and only 6 months old. I'll haveshowmyPepperthe picture of yourPepper...maybe she will fall in love ;). I love the Netherland dwarfs.

PepperGrl wrote:
Pepper wrote:
Here is apicture of my Pepper,he is 2 years old and he is a netherland dwarf.Howold is your Pepper?Your Pepper is very cute in your avatar.
Thank you. Your Pepper is a doll. My Pepper is amini lop and only 6 months old. I'll haveshowmyPepperthe picture of yourPepper...maybe she will fall in love ;). I love the Netherland dwarfs.
Maybe Your Pepper and my Pepper might fall in love that wouldbe something having 2 rabbits with the same name fall in love.

The lil hole should heal on its own....Corky hadsomething similar when he pulled his stitches from surgery.Just make sure you keep putting some neosporin in it and that it staysclean...his came together and healed quite nicely!

I hope it does... I put the neosporin on her atleast once a day... sometimes twice. It is starting todevelop a nice scab so I'm feeling a little better. My onlyworry is that I think Pepper tries to lick it off. I'mwondering if the neosporin can make her sick. I've beentrying to keep her occupied while it has time to soak in but sheprobably still gets to some of it. Is this a concern??

~ Jamie

I was told by my vet to put a very thin layer onto they don't injest much..but with a hole like that its harder...Iwould stick a glob in there..luckily Corky never bothered thatmuch...Glad to hear its scabbing over...I think it'll heal just fine!

Latest posts

Back