Pepper made it through her spay

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PepperGrl

Reaction score
It was early this morning and I just picked herup. She seems fine. She is even eating some hay andate a few craisins (I had to suck up to her because I took her to thevet :D). Just wanted to let everyone know she is doing wellso far. Not too happy with not being able to play with her"boyfried" Butterscotch for awhile but it's for the best.

~ Jamie

Thanks everyone... it is good to have herhome. I'm monitoring her closely... she hasn't eaten much butnibbles on some veggies occasionally...I'm also trying to give hernutri-cal but she won't really eat it. I hate to have to putit on her paws because it is so sticky. When should I expectto see her first poops?? She has only peed since she has beenhome... I'm not too worried yet but would like to know when I shouldstart worrying. Thanks again.

~ Jamie

You may have to put it on her paw. Ihaven't known a rabbit yet who will eat the nutrical without it stuckon their fur (I think they don't like the taste, but they like stuffstuck to them even less so they have to lick it off). As forpoop, I think you should see some sometime soon, bur as long as she isnibbling I think there are no worries. Our rabbit, and otherstories I have read state that they will be finicky for a couple days,but as long as they are eating SOME, then no worries.

Mr. Stee wrote:
You may have to put it on her paw. I haven't knowna rabbit yet who will eat the nutrical without it stuck on their fur (Ithink they don't like the taste, but they like stuff stuck to them evenless so they have to lick it off.
haha...ihave the one exception ! FatBoy Freddy! He LOVES the stuff!!! wierdo!!

I will try it on her paw then... she hasn'teaten much... it worries me because she won't even eat a carrot (thoseare her favortie). She munched on a little romain lettucelast night and ate a raisin this morning but as far as I can tell shehasn't eaten anything else. I don't even think she hastouched her water. Do I start worrying now, or give heranother day? Thanks again for all of the support.

~ Jamie

I think that if you put the nutrical on her pawand try hand feeding her a variety of things. You should evenmove the water bowl over by her to see if she will drink with yourhelp. Our Mocha wouldn't eat or drink the first few daysafter unless we put it under her nose. I think that she justdidn't want to move. Make sure she gets the nutrical as soonas you can. It will make her feel better. Also, youWILL want to check to make SURE this is right, but I wastold that if your bunny is not feeling well after a spay, you can giveit a half of a baby asprin to help with the pain. This issuppose to make them feel better and a better fealing bunny is a hungrybunny.

I'm glad that she made it throughokay. Please keep us updated oh how her recovery isgoing. I hope she starts eating soon and drinking soon.

Charlie

Had a turn of events today. I took herout of her cage to check her incision and the bottom of the incisionhad come apart. It wasn't bleeding bad but had bled sometimethat night I guess. So I took her to the vet... they had tosqueeze me in... and they reglued the incision... got her home andchecked her again before puting her in the cage and the glue came apartagain (ahhhhhh)... by now I was frustrated. Took her back tothe vet (keep in mind the vet is a good 1/2 hour drive from where Ilive) and this time they stiched it up and..... PUT A SHADE ON HERHEAD! I felt so bad for her... I know that PGG's Corky had tohave one but I never thought it would happen to my girl. Sheis doing ok now... she has eaten some broccoli and lettuce and I'veseen a few poops... mooshy poops but poops all the same. Itook the shade off of her head and she hasn't gone for the stiches sohopefully I won't have to keep it on... I know she was hatingit. But that is my day today! I know Pepper is sickofbeing taken to the vet so hopefully it will be smoothsailing from here. I'm going to try putting water in a bowlto see if I can make her drink that way.

Pet_Bunny... I've given her lots of love and pets... she seems to besoaking up the attention right now. I have to spoil her tomake up for all I've put her through. I will make sure togive her a new toy too!

~ Jamie

Don't trust her for a 2nd without that thing onher head unless you are RIGHT there.....Corky even learned how to gethis off even when we had it fastened with a cat collar! Them stitcheswere history after that! Luckily we were far enough along in the gameit wasn't a big deal......good luck and keep us posted!

PepperGrl wrote:
I've given her lots of love and pets... she seems to besoaking up the attention right now. I have to spoil her tomake up for all I've put her through.
Too bad the doctor didn't give you a shade in the first place. Keep an eye on Pepper until it heals now.

Another thought, you might want to useyour screen for the litter so nothing sticks to Peppers bum when shepoops.

Hope your day goes better.

Rainbows! :)

Latest posts

Back