People who live by the ocean

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swanlake

Reaction score
I need some help with some homework.

I would need you to answer this, you can just jot down quick notes, I have to write a paper on it. I need three people:

"What has this person noticed about the ocean or coastal waters….animal species, ocean, weather etc…that has changed over the years? (b) Include in these notes the name of the person, where they live, what ocean is near them, and also include the latitude and longitude of the place of residency"

sorrey. the river and logh foyle goes through my town....not an ocean

What have I noticed in Nelson and also at our batch at Oraka , Definatley a HUGE reduction in fish and shellfish, you used to be able to go down and get pipi's and Tua Tua's for tea. Now if you go, you can barely find any and if you do they are undersize. Also numerous sea areas around me your not even allowed to get shellfish from due to pollution. There's also big erosion issues, with sand dunes and plants. Weather wise we have had alot more aggressive weather in the winter in both places we had the biggest storms we had seen in years, both caused extensive damage.

Name-Phoebe Evans
Place of residence-Nelson, New Zealand (Sth Island) Batch at Oraka, Mahia, New Zealand
Ocean-NZ is surrounded by the Tasman on the Left and the Pacific on the right. Nelson as we are the centre of NZ I suppose gets a bit of both seas. Mahia has the Pacific sea.

Longitude and Latitude of NelsonLatitude: -41.283333
41° 17' -1" S
41 degrees, 17 minutes, -1 seconds South
Longitude: 173.283333
173° 17' -1" E
173 degrees, 17 minutes, -1 seconds East

Oraka, MahiaLatitude:

Longitude:

Latitude (DMS):

39° 4' 60 S

Longitude (DMS):

177° 52' 0 E

Hope this helps, If you need anymore info just ask me :)

urm..

What i've noticed near my beach is probably the change in the climate and polution.. when i arrived in NZ 5/6 years ago the beaches was nice and clean there was barely any rubbish but now if you go picnics you'll see what the people before you have ate :p but its still a great beach but i just find it annoying that there are lots of rubbish. and near the rocks and stuff that can be quite gross

Name: Prisca Lorenza
Place of residence: Auckland, New Zealand (North Island) Browns Bay, NorthShore.

If im not worng this is it.. sorry if its worng but i found it on the internet :p

Coordinates of Browns Bay, New Zealand:
Longitude: 174° 45' 0" East
Latitude: 36° 43' 0" South

oOH i dont know :p
but i did a RUBISH thing about what i think of my beach

Latest posts

Back