People Probably think we're crazy......

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is your friend a Hoosier (From Indiana?) That is a common Hoosier word - drives me crazy!! LOL!

Also commonly said in Indiana (mostly by older people)

• Alblum - album
  • Booger - Burger
  • Mango - for Green Peppers - not sure why! lol
  • Yalla/Yaller - Yellow
  • Worsh/Worshington/Worshrag - Wash/Washington/Wash cloth
  • Caulklet - Chocolate
  • Flustrated - Frustrated
  • SupposEBLY - SupposeDLY
  • Ideal - Idea
  • Collar - Color
  • Pitchur - Picture
Leaf wrote:
One of my friends says tore-lit instead of toilet. :shock:

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Wild Bunnies do not get baby talked to! Clover is just appalled (but we do it anyhow) when someone says "Wook at dat sweet widdle cwovabunny under her bwankie!"

wat wong wiff dat? :dunno

1) Hibbitah Hodge

2) Finn-dinns

3) Pessgetty or Pee-otty

4) Simm-o-nemm

AKA......

1) Wizard of Oz

2) Fingers

3) spaghetti

4) cinnamon

Firstly, I wanna say I love this thread I've been laughing the whole time while reading it, and the kids keep asking what's so funny.
Connor when he was around 3, got a big cloth basketball, and soccerball for his birthday. He came running into the living room saying he wanted to play spackett ball, I had no idea what he was talking about, untill he brought me the baskettball.
Basketti was what they called Spaghetti
My nephews called me Heffer since they couldn't say Heather
My sister can't say stick shift, so she calls it a shick stiff
That's all for now, but i'm sure theres more

I like this thread too. It's funny how we all have those little words..... it sort of makes things special in a way I guess.

Lexi and I were in the grocery this evening, and we were talking about something silly and I said "well I saw it first" then she said "Well I wanted it first" and we were just going on and on and it sounded as if we were arguing I'm sure - but it's just a game we play sometimes LOL!

My 5-year old nephew says

"crunches" for crutches..... it's too cute. lol.

I asked him today what they're called and he said "crunches!" I was like "Crunches? I thought they were crutches?" And he said "nope, they're crunches!" lol.

Emily

mouse_chalk wrote:
When I was younger, I couldn't say 'remote control', so we just used to call it a 'press buttons', and it stuck- I still call it a 'press buttons' even now! :embarrassed:All my family do as well!
My cousins call it 'the blipper' becaus they could never say it!

We don't have that many silly things, I must have been a rather coherent speaker because I can't think of anything! Except that I used to call biscuits 'bis-bis!'.

Fran :) :hearts :brownbunny

My boyfriend's niece couldn't say Becca at first so she called me Boppi - still does most of the time but I get the occasional Becca too now. But now I get his whole family calling me Boppi so that Honey knows who they're talking about! Oh and she's started nicknaming too, so the other week I was 'Bop'.

Lee and I say 'sleareal' instead of 'cereal', 'flellis wheel' instead of 'ferris wheel', and 'laz-ag-nee' instead of 'lasagne'.

ha! I like Boppi!

We have some friends and their teenage daughter is named Sadie. Their little boy couldn't pronounce that so he called her Saggie for the longest time.

Now we all call her Saggie! :laughsmiley:poor girl. She's a very pretty, tall, and very curvy young lady.

Glub or Glubs

Diesel is playing with a glub currently. I realized I was asking him if he found a nice glub to play with..... and I thought of this thread.

My son couldn't say gloves when he was little. ;)

Latest posts

Back