Pellets for house rabbits!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one house bun along with 8 show buns so he just gets 1/2 cup of Purina Show pellets because I can't afford to buy him something different from the other rabbits. He also gets mostly unlimited Timothy hay. I say mostly because he tends to run out when I'm not able to give him more for long periods of time ((for example, running late to school, which I do a lot)). Silly rabbit.

slavetoabunny wrote:
I just wanted to add that I can get a 50 lb. bag of Oxbow timothy at our local farm supply store for about $43.
patti,..you say 50# bag of oxbow runs $43.00//omg/.wow,,a 50# bag purina rabbit chow is $18.00--a bale of either timothy/orcahard/145# is $18.00,,i hear in texas a bale runs as much as$3.50 ea,delivered/--what a market,rip off...sincerely james waller:wave::rose:

james waller wrote:
slavetoabunny wrote:
I just wanted to add that I can get a 50 lb. bag of Oxbow timothy at our local farm supply store for about $43.
patti,..you say 50# bag of oxbow runs $43.00//omg/.wow,,a 50# bag purina rabbit chow is $18.00--a bale of either timothy/orcahard/145# is $18.00,,i hear in texas a bale runs as much as$3.50 ea,delivered/--what a market,rip off...sincerely james waller:wave::rose:
I pay close to $65 for 50lbs of Oxbow. It's not a rip off when its a higher quality food and a timothy pellet. There isn't much options as far as a timothy based pellet, so they are expensive.

petitlapin wrote:
I'm wondering what type of pellets everyone is feeding their house buns.
purina--rabbit chow---james waller:bunnydance::rose::pinkbouce::highfive:never free hand pellets,,,hay,,hay,,water,,some pellets

hmm i get free purina rabbit show. our rep likes us :) i like that food, plus i get free hay from the shed so saves me TONS and buns get unlimited hay

I am really excited that so many people shared what they feed their house bunnies. It has been some good food for thought. ;)Thanks to everyone for sharing.

Latest posts

Back