Pellets brand

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunny parents

Reaction score
I've been feeding my girl Versele-Laga Cuni Complete. My bunny is 4 months old. At first when I went to pet store, I asked a seller there for her opinion and she gave me another brand of pellet, a local brand, at that time I don't know bunnies shouldn't eat seeds. After I read some articles about pellets, I decided to change to this Cuni Complete but I don't know if it matches with her age or not. Any suggestions ? We have no one to ask here :-/ And I don't want to believe those sellers again, ever since I'm a member of this forum, it makes me realize that many informations I have are wrong.
Thank you so much for your time. :)

Since I haven't spoken to you yet here, Welcome to RO!:D

Any way you can post the Brand and it's contents? We can better help by seeing the ingredients in the food.;)

Hello, Crys. Thank you for your greeting :) this is the details about pellets :
VERSELE-LAGA Cuni Complete
Categories of ingredients : Derivatives of vegetable origin,cereals,vegetable(min. 10%), vegetable protein extracts,seeds,minerals,FOS,MOS,lecithin(0.2%),yucca-extract,marigold extract
Content :
Crude protein 15 %
Crude fat 3 %
Crude fibre 20 %
Crude ash 8 %
Calcium 0.9 %
Phosphorus 0.6 %
Additives/kg :
10 mg Cobre-sulfato de cobre (ll)
10.000 U.I. Vitamin A
1.500 U.I. Vitamin D3
30 mg Vitamin E
100 mg Vitamin C

:)

Well, it's great to have you!:biggrin2:

Without looking into it, here's a breakdown of Oxbow Bunny Basics T, which is quite popular if you know about it I guess. Here's the deets:

Premium Ingredients

• Timothy Hay = Essential Fiber
  • Soy Products = Fiber, Balanced Protein, Healthy Fat
  • Wheat = Ideal Carbohydrate and Energy Source
Ingredients
Timothy Grass Meal, Soybean Hulls, Wheat Middlings, Soybean Meal, Cane Molasses, Sodium Bentonite, Soybean Oil, Salt, Lignin Sulfonate, Limestone, Yeast Culture (dehydrated), Vitamin E Supplement, Choline Chloride, Zinc Proteinate, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Niacin, Copper Sulfate, Selenium Yeast, Vitamin A Supplement, Folic Acid, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Copper Proteinate, Riboflavin Supplement, Manganese Proteinate, Biotin, Manganous Oxide, Thiamine Mononitrate, Magnesium Sulfate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Sodium Selenite, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Cobalt Carbonate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Calcium Iodate, Etheylenediamine Dihydriodide

Guaranteed Analysis
  • Crude Protein min 14.00%
  • Crude Fat min 1.50%
  • Crude Fiber min 25.00%
  • Crude Fiber max 29.00%
  • Moisture max 10.00%
  • Calcium min 0.35%
  • Calcium max 0.85%
  • Phosphorus min 0.25%
  • Salt min 0.50%
  • Salt max 1.00%
  • Copper (min) 30 ppm
  • Vitamin A (min) 19,000 IU/kg
  • Vitamin D (min) 900 IU/kg
  • Vitamin E (min) 190 IU/kg

I've fed it for a number of years now. Alot of us feed it on here if we can get it;).

Funny story though. I was a member on here for over a year before I discovered I was feeding Alfalpha pellets!!:shock::p That's why this forum is the best ever! Hope u feel at home here. Feel free to start a Blog! We love pictures!:D

Additives/kg :
10 mg Cobre-sulfato de cobre (ll)
10.000 U.I. Vitamin A
1.500 U.I. Vitamin D3
30 mg Vitamin E
100 mg Vitamin C
The last ingredients, meaning the least of. Still? "Additives"? Ugh!:pssd:

Bunny parents wrote:
Thank you so much :) I'll try looking for Oxbow in Poland :bunnysuit: I don't know if we have this brand here.

Aw. Hello there Polish Friend!:D

I hope you can get it too, otherwise, just check out the contents of each category and find something that is close to each.;)

AngelnSnuffy wrote :
That's why this forum is the best ever! Hope u feel at home here. Feel free to start a Blog! We love pictures!:D
Totally agree, this forum helps me a lot :) Anyway, I started my blog yesterday :) Please feel free to visit ( it's the first blog of my life !!! :D can't believe I made it right,haha !) I'll look at pet shop for this pellet brand but as I saw I didn't see one. Maybe I have to order it somehow. Thank you so much for your reply. My girl's pellets are running out, I need to buy new one soon. Nice to meet you :)

AngelnSnuffy wrote:
Aw. Hello there Polish Friend!:D
Hello there ! :bunny22:

I guess we're the only one Polish bunny family here. It's so hard to find informations. I mean, we don't know anyone who has bunny in our neighbourhood. Having this forum, we can be sure that we take a good care of our girl. See you around.

:bouquet: For all bunnies !!!

Last night I search for Oxbow here but there's no Oxbow in pet shops. We need to order it through internet. We will order when this pellets will be almost over. :) Thanks again for your advice. However, I have another question. While we were looking for oxbow, my husband found Polish forum about bunnies, and some people said most of all pellet brands are not good for bunnies. They contain old vegetables which people cannot eat, chemistry, and Pro-biotic. So they prefer to feed their bunnies only hay and veggie. They explained that when they fed their bunny with pellets, bunny seemed to be less active, laying down whole day. Well, it's kinda confusing for me. I know that hay is the most important diet for bunnies. Feeding pellets is just for maintaining the balance of nutrition bunny should get,right ? :? Is this true about pellets ?

Bunny parents wrote:
Last night I search for Oxbow here but there's no Oxbow in pet shops. We need to order it through internet. We will order when this pellets will be almost over. :) Thanks again for your advice. However, I have another question. While we were looking for oxbow, my husband found Polish forum about bunnies, and some people said most of all pellet brands are not good for bunnies. They contain old vegetables which people cannot eat, chemistry, and Pro-biotic. So they prefer to feed their bunnies only hay and veggie. They explained that when they fed their bunny with pellets, bunny seemed to be less active, laying down whole day. Well, it's kinda confusing for me. I know that hay is the most important diet for bunnies. Feeding pellets is just for maintaining the balance of nutrition bunny should get,right ? :? Is this true about pellets ?

To my knowledge it is, but there was also a discussion on here awhile back about pelletless diet and can it work. Let me see if I can find it...

Actually, I just came across this just above your post here, in the tagged threads:

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=56821&forum_id=48

Here's the No Pellet Diet thread:

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=58400&forum_id=48

also see the inital thread that sas refers to in this.

Thank you so much, Crys, for all answers and your advices. I read both posts you linked for me. Sorry that I didn't read it before asking, couldn't see where it is. Anyway, We will stick to the plan of feeding her pellets but not over her daily needs :) We , also , will order the pellets Oxbow soon. Thank you again. Have a pleasant day...or night:confused2:
:D See you !!!

Latest posts

Back