Pellet

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thumper110814

Reaction score
Hello all. My bunny just got neutered and he's about 9 months old. He's about 4.7 pounds. On the oxbow pellet it says to give bunny unlimited pellet until he's 1 year old.... But since now he's neutered... Bet said to watch his weight and not go over 5 pounds. Should I continue to give him unlimited pellet until 1 year old or cut down to 1/3 cup?

I agree, you can certainly start to cut to it back now. 1/4 cup per day is good for your bunny's weight :)

Thumper was never a bun that eats all his food and had enough to last a day but now cut down from unlimited usually less than 1 cup a day to 1/3 cup a day he acts like he's starving.... So I increased it to 1/3 in the morning and 1/3 in the afternoon... He still eats grass but am I cutting it down too quickly?? Or is that normal reaction???

I think it's a pretty normal reaction to cutting it down. Bandit has been getting the same amount of pellets daily for a couple of years now and he still acts like he's starving every time I feed them. Just no self control in the bunny world I don't think :p

Back