pellet bedding

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilovepets

Reaction score
currently i am using a wood pellet bedding for pets and i love it and i am having my problems with it. we have a pellet stove so we always have 1-2 tons of wood pellets for the stove. i know people who use the stove wood pellets for horses and they work great. can i use stove wood pellets for my rabbit? there is nothing added to them to make them burn longer or cleaner etc..

thanks,

Shelly and Snickers

DSCN3292.jpg

Yep, stove pellets are fine to use. Some people do notice that stove pellets absorb differently than pellets made for animals (horse or cat stuff usually), but I find they work well.

I have tried a few kinds of pellets and the main difference I notice is how the pellets break down when they get wet. The animal pellets / softwood pellets seem to fluff a bit more then wood stove / hardwood pellets, but it didn't seem to make any difference in how much they absorbed.

I am glad to see more people discovering wood stove pellets, safe, cheap, and great.

Back