"Peg's Place" - the Adventures & Misadventures of all the buns here

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We still have Billy - he was going to be rehomed but he is staying with us.

He is STILL a lovebug - in fact - even more of a lovebug than he was....I think he'd rather get pets than food at suppertime.

He is one of Art's favorites....I think Art just really loves the lops....

I love, love LOVE Pow Wow's story, and the one about Miss Bea and the babies in the closet. Ohana sure had a lucky break, that's for sure.

Thanks for telling those stories Peg :) Although I am now late, lol.

Flashy wrote:
I love, love LOVE Pow Wow's story, and the one about Miss Bea and the babies in the closet. Ohana sure had a lucky break, that's for sure.

Thanks for telling those stories Peg :) Although I am now late, lol.
I hate the first part of her story - but I LOVE the ending of it.

Here is a picture of her from 2006 - unfortunately - I didn't take many photos of rabbitry rabbits and so I don't think I have any more of her.

PowWow.jpg

I've taken my bp pill btw - my bp was 109/70 when I got up. Is that too low? I'm going to check on www.webmd.com in just a bit and find out.

Oh - and to sorta finish up Pow Wow's story - a buck from her final litter still lives here with us - he has maloclussion and has to have his teeth trimmed every so often. I need to take his picture to share with y'all....his name?

"Brave Lil Injun"....

He's a sweetie - until he hears the words, "Time for your dentist appointment".

I swear - I think I'd run too if I had to see the dentist!

Well - I have to share another story....I've been thinking about her for a few days now.

First of all....I was looking at Saphira the other night and talking to Art about her. She just has the widest nose (notice - I didn't say "fat face")....and she reminds me so much of.....her grandmother.

Ainsley (her grandmother) was born here in one of my first litters. I fell in love with Ainsley - she was sable point and that was one of my favorite colors - and I decided to keep her.

She was born in....hmm...late June...and I was thinking of taking her to her first show - but had bred her. I didn't think she was pregnant and had been telling Art that - so he went to take her out of her cage the day before the show (so we could tattoo her) and she lunged at him and practically took a piece out of his hand. That was not at all like her...so we decided to leave her home. Good thing too....she had a nice litter of babies just a few days later. I'm sure the stress of the show would've not been good for her.

Anyway - Ainsley had a strange thing about her....she was claustophobic. She hated to be in the middle cage in a row of cages. As long as she was on the end - she was ok. Put her in the middle? She had fits....she would shake the cage and pace back and forth and just...not do well at all.

This was especially evident one time when Art & I were rearranging the rabbitry. He put her cage in the middle of a row and I told him he'd have to move it (he hadn't yet put another rabbit on the other side of her). He said "its not a big deal...she'll be fine...". Right.

So I walked away - he put another rabbit beside her - and she went NUTS. She started shaking and pacing and Art was like, 'Give her a few minutes...she'll be fine."

Uh huh. Sure.

At least the man was smart enough to not build the next row up for a little bit....and yeah - he moved her to the end after she was upset for maybe half an hour. That's right - he gave in to her. (Smart man - too bad it took him so long).

After he moved her? She settled down and went to sleep in the corner.

Another story about her - a very sad one. She was the first "major" loss I had - basically of my adult buns. Robin was home one weekend and I remember watching Ainsley do laps in her cage the day before and I would listen to her play all the time. Robin & I went out shopping and came home - and I noticed that Ainsley (whose cage was in the living room because she was one of my favorites) was panting with her mouth open. I have no idea what happened - but 15 minutes later - she was gone.

I had nightmares for weeks afterwards - seeing Ainsley in Robin's arms for those last few minutes before she passed (I was a basket case and falling apart). That was when we learned to sing them lullabies and old hymns and stuff near the end - to help them (or to help us).

Anyway - as I'm sure you can tell - Ainsley was special to me - very special....even though looking back now at her photos - there is no way she'd be considered show quality.

AinsleyCocoa007.jpg

AinsleyCocoa001.jpg

AinsleyCocoa008.jpg

AinsleyCocoa003.jpg

Needless to say - when I got a chance to buy Saphira (who is Ainsley's granddaughter) - I jumped on it...even though I really couldn't afford the extra $50 right then.

And I think that is part of why Saphira has stolen my heart so much...

By the way - we almost lost Saphira much earlier this year. Actually - we did "lose" her for a bit.

You see - she had babies but then we were worried she had a stuck kit. She didn't - but because we were worried about an infection, etc. - I'd started her on Pen G. But I didn't know Pen G would dry up her milk. Her babies were fostered onto another mama and she was having playtime one day in the living room - when she quite literally disappeared.

As it later turned out - we found her in the rabbitry - but up underneath a large cage w/ a large space for the drop down pan...somehow - she had jumped up into that and hid. I don't know how long she lived there.

When we found her - she was very very thin and I was so scared about losing her. I contacted Randy (ra7751) about how to put weight back on her without overdoing it....and she got moved into a cage in my office - right by my desk - so that she would be nearby for me to watch.

Now? Um...she's a big girl...I think maybe I've overfed her a bit and I've been cutting a bit back on her food. Then again - a lot of my girls are "big" girls.

Anyway - some pictures of my Saphira - who so often reminds me of her grandma..

DSCN2869-1.jpg

DSCN1992.jpg

DSCN1980.jpg

and her as a baby:

DSCN0329-1.jpg

Can you see the resemblance to Ainsley? I think its in the nose - but it may also be that I live with her all the time and see the personality too...

[line]
On a somewhat happier note - some of you may remember that a friend had her rabbitry invaded by dogs earlier this spring and she lost over 70 rabbits - adults and babies. Some of her lines were gone completely - others she is trying to get back from others (and that is why I'll be breeding Kiwi).

Well - they had another incident with the dogs (long story) and I guess it got printed in the paper (none of the rabbits were hurt - this was a fight w/ the neighbor's dogs coming onto their yard and their dogs defending the yard)...in spite of a new fence, etc.

Here is what she shared...

The TRUE miracle here is that with everything in the papers about this latest chapter on our rabbitry/and dogs, a lady came by my house last night and asked me if we were the folks with the cute furry rabbits....

I told her "yes?"...

She has had one of our bunnies since about a week after the attack in April, she caught her in her yard and nursed her back to health from her various injuries and now has her living in her house as a housebunny. She's litter trained her and everything (loose in the house, no cages). She said there was a second brownish one, but that bunny died about three or four days later at her vets office. She's from Russia and her husband works here and she's been taking English classes and has just recently gotten our local newspaper in the last month to start learning to read English....

We have negotiated that I can breed my doe for a litter or two and she can keep her permanently...what a blessing.

Welcome Back, Mossypossum Gretchen (Mossypossum Cosmo x Cimmaron Mira)!!

We look forward to our litter from her by Bastet's Spud and are VERY thankful that she survived the dogs, snakes, cars, ravens, owls, coyotes and who knows what else to find her new forever home with Nadja almost 1 mile away!

Pictures are pending our visit with her this weekend.

She's a small bit of sunshine to end an awful saga.​
I just thought that was awesome news...I'm so happy for her.

Oh well - time to get off here and get to work!

[align=center]BILLY SUNNY!!!!
[/align]
[align=left]I'll upload videos later tonight or this weekend...

[/align][align=center]
BillySunnyNov142008010-1-2.jpg

[/align][align=left]
[/align][align=center]
BillySunnyNov142008010-1-1.jpg

[/align][align=left]
[/align][align=center]
BillySunnyNov142008039-1-1.jpg

[/align][align=center]
BillySunnyNov142008044-2.jpg

[/align][align=left]
[/align][align=center]
BillySunnyNov142008044.jpg

[/align][align=left]
[/align][align=center]
BillySunnyNov142008049-1.jpg

[/align][align=left]
[/align][align=center]
BillySunnyNov142008049.jpg

[/align][align=left]
[/align][align=center]
BillySunnyNov142008044-1.jpg

[/align][align=left]
[/align][align=center]
BillySunnyNov142008005.jpg

[/align][align=left]

[/align][align=center]and what photo shoot would be complete without this?

BillySunnyNov142008022-1.jpg

[/align]

You've seen Gracie's girls- now here are her boys:

BillySunnyNov142008068-1.jpg

BillySunnyNov142008103-1.jpg

BillySunnyNov142008081-1.jpg

BillySunnyNov142008088-1.jpg

BillySunnyNov142008099-1.jpg

BillySunnyNov142008085-1.jpg

AustinandDallasNov1720083-1.jpg

Austin thinks his mama is GORGEOUS and he likes to rub noses with her (or try to) through the pens.

Dallas loves to stand up on his hind legs like a meerkat....

I did a video too - will upload it later!

I love your new sig, and also looking at all the pictures in your blog and reading your stories.

Which buns do you have in your sig? I can obviously see Tiny and Zeus, and I recognise a few others but won't say incase I make a fool of myself :p

TinysMom wrote:
Soon to be my new siggy...

huggedabunnysignature1.jpg
My new siggy - top line:

Leona (one of Zeus' girls), Puck as a baby, Tiny, Bandita, Zeus' butt & Zeus again

Bottom line: Cali baby (don't know which one), then SugarBear on top - Miss Bea in hat on bottom, Gracie, Ori, Splash on to - Tiny on bottom, Miss Bea, and Tiny & Puck together

I'm glad you like it - I wish I could've gotten more rabbits in it but I didn't have their photos in the album on snapfish and I was in the mood where I wanted a change and I wanted it NOW....if that makes sense..

:D They look gorgeous. I got some of my guesses right, but not others (phew, gald I didn't say anything, lol).

I get moods like that when something has to be done then and right then, but the outcome is great whether or not you got as many in:D Maybe next time you can get more in :)

I may be redoing it later today....its just really really hard to keep seeing Puck's baby picture there.

Art was holding Puckina last night (his daughter) and she does NOT like being held. He was telling me how much he misses Puck (its been way over a year now)...and how much he wishes we still had Puck. Like your Flash, I think Puck was truly one of a kind and God broke the mold after creating him. I'll never forget him at 6 or 7 weeks - getting in front of the vacuum cleaner and not letting Art vacuum up his poops.....

Sometimes when I'm lonely for Tiny or Puck or whoever...I go on photobucket or another program and make posters (but I can't afford to buy them) - but making them sorta helps.

Here are some I did today...

favoritebunsposter1.jpg

favoritebunsposter2.jpg

favoritebunsposter3.jpg

One of these days I hope to be able to buy a collage poster...

Those are fab! I love the black one especially :D Even though you have not yet bought a poster, at least you can still see the designs you have made and played about with, so that you do get some sort of momento. :) It's hard when you miss them though. Really hard.

This is totally NON rabbit related - but I just want to put it somewhere to remember it...

Art & Eric & Robin & I all play LoTRO (Lord of the Rings Online) - and we have our own little "clan" made up mainly of the characters that our family members play. We have had a couple of others in it - but they've left the game.

Last weekend we played with someone and really enjoyed it and we are talking about joining their clan (actually - its called a "kinship"). They have a charter set up for in-game behavior, etc. and we really enjoyed working with the person we played with.

Tonight Eric had a meeting with them in-game and I joined in for part of it. One thing that is going to be new to me is that most of them are RP's (role players) - which means instead of being known as Peg, I'll be known as Katrice (my character's name)...and well...its just sorta a different mindset..

So I wrote a letter and sent it out only to Art, Robin & Eric as a sample letter that we could send (if we decide to join the kinship)...introducing ourselves.

It probably won't make sense to many of you till the end when I explain it...but here it is..
Well, since we're thinking about becoming closer to your family, I thought it might be nice if we introduced ourselves. I thought I'd be the one to open and mouth and insert foot....but at least it isn't a hobbit foot!

I'm Katrice....friend of animals and lover of nature. Some of my foes might say I'm simply stunning - to the point that they feel rooted to one place. But honestly - I'm just a humble and lowly traveler in the game...seeking to avoid trouble even though it so often seems to find me.

You can often find me with my heartthrob and best friend, Cenifrid. Mind you...it makes a woman's heart melt when she's confronted by some angry foe and from behind her - the arrows come at lightening speed to
her defense. More than once has Cenifrid saved me and I am forever grateful. Both Cenifrid and I love to travel - we'll be in the woods when he turns to me and says, "Esteldin...my love?" Why of course..who
could resist a swift journey to another location when your pack is heavy and your arms are weary. My favorite times are when he invites me to the campfire....once we defend ourselves from any roaming beasts ... of course.

Petyr is our son...so like his father and I - and yet not like us at all. Oh...mind you...he has our humor and our desire to roam. But he's chosen a different path - one where he confronts his enemies head on.
Fortunately, he is sturdy enough for the armor he must wear to protect himself...and at times, I sense he has picked up friends to help him along his path. I think the last one was named "Herald..". Either
way....he's a wonderful son and we always look forward to seeing his
banner approach.

Finally is our daughter, Reina. Mostly mild mannered (till you get her stirred up) - our daughter is a lover of music and hates to see others ill. She is extremely gifted in her talents as she can yell at a
monster to make them afraid and then turn around and sing songs of soothing for those who are accompany her. She loves theatrics and we've watched her trick the enemy into thinking she's dead...she's truly that
good at it.

And so you will have met us all ...mother....father...son...daughter. In many ways alike...in others different ... but all looking forward to our times when fate draws us together...even if it is at a circle of defeat.

Code:
Ok - now for some explanation. As a loremaster, I have "spells" that will stun the enemy - or will put roots at their feet and hold them in one place. While loremasters can be powerful - they are not power players who wade right into the midst of a fight.

Art is a hunter - meaning he uses bow and arrow to fight...and he will frequently fight from the back of the pack if there are a few of us in a group. He does his best at ranged weapons. He has a couple of really neat skills- one of which is "transportation" and he can help everyone in his party get to certain major towns in the game. He also can set up a campfire, link to it - and come back to it at any time. Of course - if the campfire is out in the wilderness....beware of the enemies.

Eric is a Captain...he wades right into the battle and fights. Where a loremaster will often have a companion like a bear or bird or lynx.....the Captain will often have a herald who holds his banner and helps to fight. If worse comes to worse - the Captain can place a banner to give hope (I think - I'm not sure what it does).

Robin is a minstrel. She both heals - and hurts....but by using her music. She has a song of soothing and a lot of other songs too. Each song has a different purpose to help (or hurt) others. She can also "play dead" and the enemy will often walk away.

Finally - the "circle of defeat". When you die in game - you come to the nearest circle of stones - literally a circle where you're surrounded by stones. Each area has them in certain spots - and from there you can run back into action. We call it the "circle of defeat" - I'm not sure what it is really called. But there have been times - more than I want to think about - where our whole family has been beaten by the enemy...and we'll wind up at the circle. I'll often find myself humming the old song..."may the circle...be unbroken..." - as I hate to be the only one to die!

Thanks for letting me ramble....I have a feeling I'll be in game more in the next few weeks as it is one way our family can "stay together" and have time together - no matter how far apart we are...

Nice. I do the whole rp gaming with City Of Heroes/Villians. We are even a part of a forum that we rp our characters in thread. You could read the threads and they flow like a story. Very fun.

Eric wrote one to send along also...

Well, time for introductions.

I am Petyr Riverstone, Captain of Dale. You might say I am a people person, and that I attract a following. .... Or at least a pesky dwarf. I think he got lost, and ended up just following me. Lousy sense of direction.
I also study theatre, and it really does help in real life, mom... I mean... YOU try giving a rousing speech in MID-BATTLE to get the others to fight longer. Uh-huh. I thought not.

Then there is my dad. He is a nutcase. He thinks he can pluck away at some twit with a bow, and they guy is just gonna take it? Weird. Sure, you *could* be lazy and stay safe, but how are the others gonna know you mean bidness when it comes to beating in heads? Oh well. At least he can get us home quickly. Hah. And you thought your days of driving us kids everywhere was over!

Mom is pretty cool. Why, just recently, she figured out what a sword is for! Still hangs on to her staff... which is ok, I guess.... I mean, if it means i can stay energised, and the Lazers from heaven keep coming, who am I to complain? (besides, she wouldnt like it if I did. If Momma ain't happy, ain't NOBODY happy.) She is also something of a pet person. Critters just follow her places. Hint: look out for falling... stuff.

And then there is Reina. Short little twirp. She is crazier then I, and that is saying something. I mean... come on... singing to hurt a baddie? Riiiiiight. She can kinda help us feel better in a fight though. I mean... hey... the baddie has to live with it too.... right? And sometimes shes not half bad. She's always crying though. "Cray of the Valer" this, " War-Cry" that. Yeesh. When I feel really depressed, she always makes me get back up. It helps. Her singing can wake the dead, it seems. Shes not that bad though. Kind to a fault. Always lends a hand. Trades blows herself, instead of hiding behind dad.... "HALP!.... Um, Petyr... rez plz?" "One tick off of 'Blood of Numenor...'"

Yep. Thats us.

What? Where are you going? Hello? Guys?

Latest posts

Back