Peg's lionhead thread

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just read through your thread, and I cannotget over how adorable your lionheads are! The baby picturesare amazing! I have yet to see a lionhead in person, theylook just beautiful. Looking forward to seeing more pics fromyou!

Well, since you ASKED for more photos.....

This is Lil Mal - I actually have his older half-brother that looks alot like him too. He goes to his new home today and it is breaking myheart...

And here is Maverick - I LOVE his mane and I'm pretty proud of him. Unfortunately, the photos don't do him justice...

I'll try to take more photos later and share them. For those who arewondering - Mal is a Sport Chestnut color and Maverick is a blacktortoise or tort color.

Peg

Great Pictures. I just love their coloring.

I had seen one like Mal before-the coloring reminded me ofa dutch. Very Cute!

I just have to share some more pictures I took recently...hope you like them!

First...El Rey's Angelina

and then

El Rey's New Hope

and their currently unnamed broken tort brother (I still have to get photos of their frosted pearl sister)...

Hi Peg,

Beautiful pictures. How do you not want to keep all ofthem? I'd end up with a house full of bunnies as I'd neverwant to give any away. LOL

Susan:bunnydance:

Some of you may remember when I had a lionheadthread and I had a doe on there that several folks liked. She got thenickname "Meathead" and it sort of stuck.

Well, I thought I'd update her photos. I'll start with photos of her as a youngster and then move on..

Isn't she a sweetie?

Then she started growing up.....and here she is as a young adult..

I think she's saying, "Hey mom...do these ears make my head look fat?"

Now - here is she is today - Nov. 30, 2006 - almost 18 months old....

She's VERY pregnant and she really doesn't want anyone to know it...

Oh, and in case Mambo is reading this - she is probably close to 5pounds. She's just a really BIG girl...and not just in her ears.

Peg

P.S. After I took her pictures, I held her for a bit. She issuch a cuddler. She would make an awesome house pet. She doesn't playwell with other bunnies and I think it is because she gets defensiveand wants to fight...but she just loves to be held and petted. Shedidn't even want to go back in her cage so I could post this!

I was going through some photobucket photos andthought I'd share these. Some of y'all may remember them from a threadI used to have that got deleted last December (lost in cyberspace?)..

Miss Bea nestbuilding:

Miss Bea pitches a fit:

Miss Bea behaves herself??

Miss Bea tries to talk Gingerspice into being her cohort in crime.. (let's steal the broom and beat Summer with it??)

Peg

Gorgeous photos Peg!

I am in love with Meathead (how did she ever get that name?!). She is beautiful.

Miss Bea's coloringis so neat. What do you call that?

Meathead got her name from someone - Freddy'sMom maybe? She looked at a picture of her and said, "oh..what a cutelittle meathead" and it stuck.

Miss Bea is a tort harlequin lionhead. I was told she's not a "true"harlequin pattern because she's tort and black and not orange and black.

Peg

awww your lionheads are so adorable they have the most cutest little faces i love them to bits!!!!!

heres a pic of my lionhead "hunny" hope you like her kim x

28112006017.jpg
28112006019.jpg

kimmeh_121 wrote:
awww your lionheads are so adorable they have the mostcutest little faces i love them to bits!!!!!
I know aren't they all gorgeous,i have been through this thread so manytimes,just looking at all those beauties,i even showed my sister whenshe came over to visit,she had never seen a lionhead before either,thefirst lionhead that i had ever seen was about two and a half years agoon another forum and i thought wow! that's different,we don't have themhere in Australia,so i will never get the privillage to pat one ofthese guys

Peg..your babies are all beautiful :kiss:

cheryl

Last month I rehomed about 25% of my herd. I amgoing to be rehoming another 10-15% next week I hope. I put an ad inthe paper and then talked to people. Many folks already knew of mebecause they had seen some of my rabbits elsewhere.

Well, this one family came three or four times. The first time theytook several rabbits (the man had raised rabbits as a child and wantedsomething for his older kids as he is going through a difficult divorceand the kids wanted and needed something to keep them out oftrouble...). Then they came back with a friend for rabbits. Then theycalled and we talked. Then they came again.

The last time they came...I was showing them this doe - and she didthis for over half an hour (closer to an hour) - never evermoved...just stared at the teenage boy. It was obviously love at firstsight for both of them.

I had plans to breed her the following Monday - so they are going tocome and get her after she's weaned her litter. They've been back tosee her once since then...

Here's a picture of the younger brother with a rabbit he took home thatday (I originally was going to keep the baby but I knew it would have agood home).

It's times like this - when you see people with the rabbits and youknow that its a great match - that you think, "I'm doing a good thinghere.."

Peg

Tonight I moved some pregnant does into cages inthe dining room so I can keep a closer watch on them. They aren't readyfor their nestboxes (yet) but should be needing them in a few days. Ithrew some hay in their cages so I can monitor when they start carryingaround the hay. For her last two litters, Miss Bea played with the haybut then frantically made her nest half an hour before delivery ...Butterscotch ... well....harder to tell...as I didn't make notes.

What was funny is that Miss Bea has been in a kennel type cage for awhile because she used to pop the cage doors open on these cages. Shehasn't been in a cage like this for over 6 months. I moved her....andin LESS than 10 minutes, she'd popped the door open. I've had to putclips on it to keep it shut. In one picture, you can see her trying toopen the door...

I know there is a spot here that unlocks the door.

Ah, maybe this is it.

Hey...this is MY hay.

I don't need a nestbox now mom...I just want to play with the hay.....

Peg
& Butterscotch (broken tort) and Miss Bea (harlequin)

I just shared these photos in the rabbitry section but I want to share them here.

This little girl is out of Cimmaron Pow Wow. She lost her first twolitters and then appeared to lose her third litter. I gave her some tofoster from a mama who'd had nine - and the next morning there was alive baby from her in the litter that she delivered later on. She wenton to raise all of them to be healthy young rabbits.

This little gal did get about 1/2 of her foot chewed off accidentallywhen she was a couple of days old - so she isn't showable. But I thinkshe is such a beauty.

Isn't that just a sweet face? Now I need a name for her. Oh - and thebroken tort buck up above a few messages has been named "El Rey'sChewbacca" since he's almost like a wookie for all his teddy-coat fur.

Peg

Great Pics Peg!

I love the ones of the bunny and the teenage boy. You can tell she isreally in love with him (and visa versa). Im sure its such a greatfeeling when you find great homes for your bunnies. It must make givingthem up a lot easier.

Very cute!

What was funny was that the teenage boy was alsoadopting a fuzzy lop that Robin had rescued (she's moved away from homenow and couldn't keep Pumpkin). So I was sharing the photos with herover IM and she's going "ooh...cute....the bunny is cute too.." and I'mgoing "R-O-B-I-N....he's TOO YOUNG for you.."

Yeah - I'm excited about this family adopting her. They came back tosee her once and whenever she sees them - she throws her food bowlaround for the next 3 days and pitches fits. Its obvious she likes them.

Once she weans her litter (she's due this week)....she is going tothem. I'm not sure if I wish they would come by and see her again....ornot! They have stopped by though to check on her.

Peg

P.S. I forgot to add this. The first time they came - the dadgot a chestnut doe. We stood and talked for about an hour and shesnuggled into his jacket the whole time. When he left for home, shestayed in his jacket for the whole ride there and from what they sharedon their next visits - his chihuhua that rides the motorcycle withhim....is jealous of the doe (but they play together I think)...justthat he has to pay attention to both of them at the same time if thedog is around. The doe still loves to snuggle with him and willfrequently sleep in his lap while he watches tv. I'm in shock as thedoe was never that friendly here. But the guy and his teenage sonreally have a "gift" for animals...

I debated between putting this on here and on the "Watch the Lionhead Babies Grow Up" thread - but I'm going to put it here...

I'm in the process of picking out the rabbits I'm going to be buying at Nationals and bringing home.

From Castle Gate Lionheads - "Bun Jovi" - a black buck that carries tort - really nice guy ( a gift from a friend)

From Buffalo Creek Lionheads - a chocolate "sport" buck although Iwonder if he is a mismark - I'm making arrangements now to get him atNationals

From Buffalo Creek Lionheads - a chocolate tort buck - he is double mane and he will be used in my chocolate lines

From Cimmaron - her current blue herd buck "Blueblood". I'm really excited about him.

From Castle Gate Lionheads again - Triad - a slick broken tort buck. Itis hard to get broken torts that are not teddy style (think chow chowdog in looks)....so getting him will really be nice for my herd. He isalso a gift from Lisa. (She is a friend - and I am bringing abuck for her to breed her does to at the hotel).

I am also probably going to get a blue doe and I'm not sure what else..

Peg

I think I just made a big mistake. The buns inthe garage have these toys and I found my latest shipment of them (offEbay) and thought....

...I'll go ahead and give them to the rabbitry rabbits (less than 10 feet from my desk).

BIG MISTAKE...

Now how am I going to get anything done? Yes - those ARE bells in them....now they get to "ring for supper" whenever they want!

(At least the mamas had fits when I put them in the cages. HA...let thelittle ones learn to ring the bell and drive mama up the wall too!)

Peg

Latest posts

Back