peeta and polly bonding journal

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Polly trying to be dominant is a surprise to me. She was the sweetest rabbit there and everybody said she was so sweet and shy. So I assumed shed be submissive. I'll try taking them downstairs and see what happens in neutral territory.

Last edited:
I didn't get to do any dates today. I was at the hospital with my grand maw again. She's having medicine issues. But hopefully tomorrow I'll have time to put them on a date
They each get half of the day for free roaming and their cages are close together. Hopefully they forgot about their fights and will be good tomorrow.

So I'm doing a date in the living room and they've been sharing this box for a while. They had one fight over this tunnel so I took the tunnel out. Whenever they're fully bonded I'll probably have to get another BC only one can fit in it but they both want to.

I have a quick question also. Polly eats her pellets and vegetables wayyyy slower than peeta. Will I have to feed them seperately or will she learn to eat faster?

Here's a pic of them in he box.

20130711_140333.jpg

Also. They're laying together and things like that but they have occasional small fights. Would a car ride help with these little fights or should I just continue their dates?

Id say give the car ride a try. My Bunny Binoo eats really slow compared to Moo. I will always feed them separately but at the same time.

I have my 2 in separate cages cause they aren't bonded yet. but when they do become bonded i will probably just close off a section of the play area and feed em on either side.

I've often wondered about the feeding myself but since mine aren't bonded yet I'm not worrying. And sounds like its going well but there will always be flare ups until the full bond...and sadly sometimes after.

So a few newer behaviors I've noticed. First of all peeta is constantly sniffing pollies butt. Any ideas why he does that? Second Polly is constantly thumping is it BC she wants peeta to go away or BC she wants attention?

are they both fixed??? Moo does that to binoo's butt. I have no clue why. Binoo thumps at moo all the time. have you tried the car ride yet??

I did the stress bonding. They cuddled the whole time and are still laying beside each other. They seem traumatized.

Today Polly groomed peeta and so far they've been interacting more and laying with eachother more. As long as this keeps progressing how many days should I wait before I put them together? They spent pretty much all of yesterday together with no fights.

Some bunnys can appear to be great friends and still not actually bonded. And really strong bonds can easily break for the strangest reasons. The less you rush things, the better for everyone. You have only had Polly a week and there have been numerous fights. I would give it at least another month or so before even thinking about letting them live together.

Really? I thought once they could stay the whole day together for a few days they were bonded. Why can some people bond them in a week or 2 then?

Latest posts

Back