Peeing on couch

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigwigbunny

Reaction score
My rabbit is totally housebroken in her cage, only pees and poops in her box. When I have her on turnout in the kitchen/laundry room she will poop on the floor of the laundry room but pees in a litterbox I have there. I'd like to have her free range, but she keeps peeing on the couch. I have kept it covered with plastic and cleaned it but she still does it.

She only binkies in the living room (kitchen is tile) so I'd like to be able to have her out more. Any suggestions?

Charlotte does the same thing. She's house broken but loves to pee on the couch. It drives me crazy. now I just don't allow her up there. But I'd love to be able to snuggle with her on the couch with me in the evenings.

Have you been cleaning it with vinegar? That's the only thing that will remove the pee smell so she won't feel as inclined to mark it. She's establishing it as her territory.

And she will get over it. Mine will do something like that for about three months and then they just stop.

sas :bunnydance:

I agree totally with Pipp.

You need to make sure any previous smell etc. is totally out of the couch, otherwise she will keep marking it as 'hers'.

Try and soak up any urine that you can, on kitchen towell or something, and place it in her litter tray, to encourage her to use it more often.

Also- how much is she out of her cage, and in the living room? If she is barely ever there, she will poop and pee etc. because it's new territory, and she'll want to mark it. If she is in there 4 hours of every day, soon she'll feel comfortable there and won't feel the need to mark it.

Jen

Pipp and Jen gave you great advice.

Also, is she spayed? Often unfixed bunnies have a need to mark their territory, but this behavior can go away once they're spayed or neutered.

Latest posts

Back