peeing in pellets

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kathryn303

Reaction score
My rabbit has now peed in her bowl of pellets atotal of 3 times. Each time, I throw out the pellets and thenwash out the bowl with hot, soapy water. Why is she doingthis and how can I make her stop? I have been soaking upother urine with kleenex and putting it in her litter box, but itdoesn't seem to be helping. She's wasteing all the pellets. :X

So, are you in the process of litter trainingher too? Have you tried moving the food bowl to anotherspot? For now, you may need to either attach the bowl up andto the cage or up on a shelf if she has a nic and has a secondshelf. Just some ideas. She souds like she'smarking territory. How old is she? And yes, is shespayed? If not, this could be making it worse.;)

Oh, for now also, try putting wayless pellets in her bowl,which will be less for her to waste if she decides to do this again.

Her bunny is not spayed (correct me if Im wrong)

I think your bunny is just maybe picking that spot to go potty, maybetry moving her food bowl away and putting her litterbox there instead.

Silvie&Phinn

I agree - move the bowl. :) Most times the bunny trains the humans I think.

That's the first thing I would try - and if she is still going in thebowl even in a different spot, look into getting one of those off thefloor J-feeders. They hang up off the floor and she won't beable to pee in it...

392.JPG

Thanks everyone. She is not spayedbecause I just got her and she is still way too young to bespayed. Yes, I am still in the process of littertrainingher.

"Oh, for now also, try putting wayless pellets in herbowl, which will be less for her to waste if she decides to do thisagain."

I had read that young buns should have an unlimited amount of pelletsavailable. Right now I am in the process of switching herover from the breeder's brand of pellets to the kind I have.The breeder just gave me a small bag of his pellets, so I'm trying notto waste too many. I've only been putting about 1/4 mypellets and 3/4 my pellets so far, so a total of a cup ofpellets. Really not that much, butwhenI'm limited with one type of pellets, I don't want towaste them.

But......good news!! I took out her bowl of pellets while Iwent out to get some stuff for a school project. When I cameback tonight, I noticed she had peed in her litter box.:bunnydance: I think I just needed to move the pelletsfurther away from the litterbox. (they were right by them)Thanks for all the help!

Oooh, that's good! Since you just gother, she will be marking territory while she adjusts to her new place,so that could be part of it. It should stop beforelong. Good Luck.:D

Back