pee-on-the-bed-aholic

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shelly316

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm back! We just got a new bunny..she's looks just like our last one only smaller..and less fat :)

But anyways, she's developed a nasty habit of peeing on the bed...and only on the bed. Like, she'll run all around the house and won't pee or poop anywhere. She specifically jumps on the bed JUST to do her business (I've washed the sheets and blankets 4 times in 2 days).

I've been pretty diligent about kicking her off the bed as soon as I see her on it and putting her right back in her cage if she decides to pee there, but she doesn't seem to be getting the hint. I actually went out and bought a plastic drop cloth to put over the bed to try and deter her from jumping on it (I read somewhere thatthe plasticdiscourages them), and she just peed on the drop cloth.

Now she is very young still (probably coming up on 10 weeks), so I'm hoping she'll get a hold of herself and grow out of it. But in the meantime, can anyone offer any suggestions? I'm desperate here...I'm wasting a TON of quarters on laundry lol.

Michelle

PS. She is still un-named..suggestions welcome!

I had the same problem.

My local shelter had told me that foster homes would put alluminum tinfoil on the bed, and every single bun had stopped. So I tried it..Spank never once touched the bed if the tinfoil was on it. But if I took it off, he was right there fast asleep after he took a nice pee on the bed =P

No. The first time, Spank was all "!!!!!" and quickly jumped off. He only jumped on there another 2 or 3 times and just stopped.

They don't like the sound. I never really had to change the allumium... but I don't like the look of it so whenever I think he's learned not to jump up there and I remove it, he just gets back on =P

Latest posts

Back