Pee "n" carrot stains on fur!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
White bunnies are a torture when it comes to stains!!!

If you wipe the fur with vinegar the stains should come off:)

The carrot stains should go aay by themselves ina day or two anyway, when I had white bunnies they just cleaned it offthemselves :). Not sure about pee staining because I haven't had a peestained rabbit before.

minilops wrote:
Not sure about pee staining because I haven't had a pee stained rabbit before.
My Pebble isn't too bad, but my neighbours rabbit spends a lot of timein our garden and he likes to pee on my girls when they are in theirrun:shock:So I have experience! He's white too and has longfur so gets pee stains really easy. Vinegar works:bunnydance:

http://brightsidewoolies.com/

Go there, and go down and click " Helpful Article Archive" then onceyou're there go down until you get to "Getting Yellow Stains Out ofWhite Fur" and click that. It's a great article on how to get urinestains off on rabbits.

I've tried vinegar to get urine stains off longhaired cavies' coats,but it barely even worked. It's hard to keep a longhaired cavy withwhite hair clean! Well, except Wood pellets are GREAT! I haven't hadurine stain problems when using the wood pellets. But black hair +urine = RED HAIR! I bought this beautiful Peruvian boar, we named Yo-YoKid.... he was young, and I was coating him out... had him on shavingswhile coating him out at first.... and his hair turned a light red fromurine stains! They are called that for a good reason... it dyed hiscoat out!

As for carrot stains... along with strawberry stainds, watermelonstains, lettuce stains, blueberry stains, etc, the animal licks themoff themselves... well at least guinea pigs! If only there was aproduct for getting all stains off guinea pigs and rabbits.... thenyou'd be saved from the Lettuce and Carrot lips at shows!:DBut it's cute when cavies have carrot and lettuce stains ontheir lips and chins! And when the pigs decide to rest up against theirwaterbottle and get all wet just before it's their turn in the show,and are soaked with water!

I found vinegar works great to get nasty pee or poop smells of caviesthough! You put a some vinegar on them, then wash it off, then bathethem. Then they end up smelling up shampoo and not like whatever nastysmell they smelled like before!

The below sow (Razzle Dazzle) had a clean cage, but since cavies peewith their butts down (thankfully... or else pee would be everywhere!)in the bedding, longhairs with white butts housed on shavings getpretty bad urine stains! And Razzle Dazzle is messy anyways (when shehad her first litter of pups, all the hair on her tummy was bloody! Shecleaned it up very well though since when I got back from school, youwouldn't even had known she had any blood on her tummy!)

The only way I was able to get that nasty urine stain off was shavingher. I have to shave her fur regularly since she isn't in show coat sheisn't on the wood pellets, so she get urine stains easily!

Latest posts

Back