pedigree's for kits?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ambernd

Reaction score
Hello all. I'm Amber and I'm new to the forum. I just have a question about pedigree's. On Friday I am getting two does and they are both preggo. One is a broken blue and the other is a solid blue. But anyway they both have pedigree's and so does the buck they where bred to. I was wondering how to go about getting the kit's pedigree's as well?

I am moving your post to the rabbitry area where you can get help from breeders.

Once the kits are born YOU create the pedigrees from the information on the parents' pedigrees. I am assuming that the breeder has told you to use your rabbitry prefix for the babies.

You can find some information here:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100309150342AAChM87

Some people use rabbitry software which creates pedigrees (I use Evans Software as do many other breeders).

Some people hand write the pedigrees and you can get a booklet of pedigree forms from ARBA at
http://www.fortune3.com/ARBA2007/Publications-Pedigree_Book.html

It is $5 plus shipping for the book.

Those are the ones I know of right off.

ambernd wrote:
Alrighty. thank you. I will most likely buy the book. It will probably look nicer than me writing it all out. lol
The book is just blank pedigree forms - you fill them out with the information from the parents' pedigrees.

You will need to get a copy of the pedigree for the buck that your two girls were bred to in order to have all of the information you will need to put on the kits' pedigrees. Otherwise they will only have half pedigrees.

lelanatty wrote:
You will need to get a copy of the pedigree for the buck that your two girls were bred to in order to have all of the information you will need to put on the kits' pedigrees. Otherwise they will only have half pedigrees.

Yeah I'm having her give me a copy.

Thanks everyone!

Latest posts

Back