Peanuts was put to sleep today :(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lovinmybuns

Reaction score
As I sit here and type this, I am beside myself. I cannot believe that my boy is gone. Yesterday when I left the Vet, he didn't look himself but the Vet assured me he was going to pull through and would be okay. Apparently he wasn't looking good last night and by this morning he had taken a turn for the worse. He was no longer able to stand and couldn't even hold his head up. The Vet called my Mom while I was at work and said that he wanted me to come and see him and that putting him to sleep was the smartest thing to do for him. So when my Mom came to work, I was so excited to be seeing him thinking he was okay. Then she told me on the way there. I wasn't prepared at all for the way I saw him. They had him in an incubator because his temperature was starting to drop, he just stared off and he couldn't even move. He couldn't pick up his head...he just layed there. He tried to get up and couldn't..his poor body just wobbled all over the place....I couldn't be in there with him as they put him to sleep. I am so beyond sad....I can't believe he is gone. That was my boy :bigtears:The Vet can't even imagine what happened to him. He had the bloat and that was okay...his belly felt fine to the Vet and he said it was almost like he had West Nile or a lead poisoning. Whatever he had, attacked his brain! I just hope he didn't suffer. I know I did the right thing because by later on today he wouldn't have better....every thing was getting worse so fast. I am happy I got to see him but I am just so sad to have seen him look like that. This is so hard on me. I had bunnies for the past 15 years and now I have none. To walk in the front door of my house not seeing him was so rough for me :cry4:But atleast I know he's in a better place and I did all I could do for him!

I am so sorry Lovinmybuns.
Things change so quickly. You had Peanuts under the best care. Sorry it didn't work out.

Binkie free Peanuts.

Rainbows :pink iris:

And there goes another sweet bun :(

I'm so sorry to hear about your Peanuts. I was expecting him to be coming home to you soon :(

RIP Peanuts :rainbow:

I can't believe I'm reading this. I thought for sure you would be bringing him home today. He was a beautiful little guy.

I'm happy that your vet knew enough to have you come see him. I'm also happy he was kept as comfortable as possible.

I wish I could help, but I know it's going to be hard - like all the others who have been lost this week - he was someone's little love bug. Just like mine - they are so special to us.

My heart is so heavy with sorrow for you and all those who have lost a bunny recently.

I can't thank you enough for all for all of your kind words. It means so much!! I can't stop crying...this is so hard, but I know all of you rabbit lovers know how I'm feeling. I can't believe my guy is gone.....like some of you said, I thought I was going to be bringing him home. It's almost like imagining all of this and I'm in the middle of a bad nightmare and he will be home. I know it will get easier.....I am just glad that he is in a better place and isn't suffering anymore!! :thankyou:Thank you for helping me get through this guys

Im trying to catch up on everything that happened with Peanuts. Im so sorry, I can tell you loved him very much. I cant imagine how much this must be hurting you.

I did read your post in the rabbitry area and I think that bringing another bunny friend in your life would be good for you. Youre an awesome bunny mom and it would probably help to have somebun to cuddle and cheer you up right now.

Heres a list of shelters in your area:

http://www.lollypop.org/Fairport

http://www.barcshelter.org/Brooklyn

http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/NY294.htmlMenands

http://www.rabbitcare.org/New York

http://www.geocities.com/tlhsny/index.html Saranac

http://www.therabbitresource.org/ New Hartford

There are so many shelter bunnies who are perfectly healthy and very lovable-just waiting for their forever home.

I wish you all the best. Youre in my thoughts and prayers.

Haley, I agree. Sometimes the best way to heal is to help another one. Somewhere out there is a little cousin of Peanuts who needs a home. It's worth checking out.

I'm so sorry. I think that when you are ready it would be great for you to get another bun. You are in my thoughts...binky free Peanuts

I'm so sorry to hear about Peanuts, especially as you were expecting to bring him home. :( I know your pain is raw right now, but I just wanted to send you a hug and a shoulder to cry upon :hug2:. Unfortunately so many of us have walked the path of loss, and so many lately, it seems.

One thing I do believe with all my heart is that whenever one little soulmate leaves our lives, they are doing so to clear the way for another who is so in need of a home, and a loving heart. When they cross the bridge they do so with their own hearts absolutely overflowing, knowing that we did love them so very much...and part of their gift is that they will send us that perfect 'next bunny', guiding them to us as soon as we are ready to receive them.

When you are ready, that 'next bunny' will find you, and on that day Peanuts will be watching over you both and smiling, leaping in the air and doing binkies, and shouting out, "I knew you'd find him Mom! I knew you would!"

Binky free, Peanuts...

Sorry to bring this up, Marissa, I know you're still grieving, but we're trying to do a bit of analysis on vet treatments as well as unexplained passings because the information may help other bunnies.

If you have the time, can you detail Peanuts' treatment? Especially interested inknowing the drugs he was treated with. (You mentioned one, but I did a quick search and couldn't find it).

And as an aside, can you say what brand of pellets, hay and bedding he was using? (Probably not relevant, but symptoms of mytoxins in feed are so varied, we always ask in case there's localized or brand-specific connections).

Again, so sorry for your loss. :(

sas :sad:

Latest posts

Back