Peanut's progress

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m.e.

Reaction score
I thought aboutputting this in the main forum, but I realize that most people havebeen following her story in The Infirmary, so I decided to post it here(pretty bad when an Admin doesn't know where to put a post, right?:blushan)

Peanut is a head tilt bunny. I've been avoiding saying or writing thosewords because there was some hope in the past that her tilt wouldrecover (and really, up until a few weeks ago, her tilt wason-and-off). But the tilt isn't going away this time, and in fact,she's managing life as though her head were on perfectly straight.Looking at her head on, her tilt is in the 10-11 o'clock position. Notdramatic, but enough to have her little lop ear standing upright 24/7.Peanut, the half lop, my crooked bunny.

But she's standing, eating on her own at every meal, grooming herself,scratching her ears, and generally acting...normal. I wasn't sure ifthat would ever happen. She walks, sometimes in circles, rather thanhop, but she rarely loses her balance and hardly ever rolls. She'ssignificantly more coordinated than she has been, and I would evenventure to say that she hasn't done this well since she first fell sickback in June, even with that brief time of recovery in July.

I say that, and yet I'm cautiously optimistic, because she did recoverbefore and then became dramatically worse in a matter of days. I'mhoping, praying, and holding my breath. Her appetite is great, andshe's been eating a lot of the high-fat/protein pellets. She goes backto the vet next week for a weight check. She loves noserubs and earrubs, she tooth purrs (again, something she hasn't done since June) andwhen she's completely happy and relaxed, she kicks her legs out behindher and sleeps like the dead.

That's my girl :tears2: <<< happy tears

I am so happy for you guys!

I really pray that she continues to progress so well. You've really done so much for her, I hope she knows how lucky she is.

I'll be keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers:pray:

-Haley

Yay!!:bunnydance:

I am so happy!! As is Ringo!! He at the moment just stole my blueberries.

You are a strong mommy! This is from Ringo!

cert-1.jpg

I'm so glad to here she is learning to adapt:happydance. I'll continue keeping you guys in my thoughts.

Came in just to check on our Peanut. Ithink and pray for her more than you know. Breaks my heartthat she's got the tilt, but thank God she has you.

Give her many kisses from me, please.

:bigtears:

-Carolyn

Thanks, everyone :hug2

I'll try to post some photos later this week (I don't have a camera atthe moment, but I can borrow my dad's) I haven't looked at a photo ofPeanut pre-tilt since she first got sick, and at times I forget thatshe was a lop. I've seen more of her left cheek in the past month thanever before :lol:

Peanut's going back to the vet on Thursday for a weight check. I'm soproud of the progress she's made. She's my little fighter :party0002

More good news :)Went to the vet for a check-up and Peanut has gained over 1/2 pound inthree weeks :bunnydance:

Which is great, because she lost nearly two pounds over thecourse of her illness, a full third of her body weight :shock: So sheneeds to be gaining, and she's getting stronger and stronger by the day:highfive:

I didn't see this thread before! I've beenworried about Peanut. I am so glad that she is recovering and hasmanaged to adapt to her situation! I will be thinking about you, andpraying for peanut's continued recovery!

-Amy

*pssst*

pictures in the bunny blog :cool:

Back