Peanut's not doing well

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m.e.

Reaction score
The move back to their pen (from the temporary cage in my parents' room) has once again thrown her for a loop. To be honest, she never quite recovered from the original move. She's having a hard time maintaining her balance, rolling, rolling, rolling, then laying on her side, exhausted and unmoving. She hit her face against the side of the cage and now has little cuts inside and outside her lip. Nothing major, but it broke my heart to see.

She's just having a really rough night so far, and any vibes/prayers/good thoughts are much appreciated.

awwww, poor Peanut. Hopefully she'll settle downonce she gets her bearings. Poor little girl, it really sucks to be dizzy. :(

sas :pray:

Awww poor Peanut,i have often wondered how she has been getting along.

I will keep your little girl in my thoughts:)

cheryl

Sending good thoughts Peanut's way. Get better little girl. :kiss:

She's still unsteady and rolling frequently. I'm working tonight, and it just killed me to leave her :(

Even though I had to hand feed her mint leaves while she layed on her side, she did get up and eat dinner with Rex. I do feel she has a good quality of life, but I think the lack of mobility is really hard for her. She just gets so worn out from trying to (rather unsuccesfully) move around.

I couldn't get a hold of the vet today, I'll try again tomorrow. I've had several bunny people recommend Meclizine to treat the dizziness, I'll have to ask the vet about that.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers, they really mean a lot :group

Our wonderful bunny vet, Dr. G, is on vacation until tomorrow. Since Peanut's condition is stable (still eating, drinking, peeing, pooping, and being an all-around Diva) I didn't feel the need to rush her in for a visit. I did leave a message to let him know what's going on, and also asked about Meclizine to help control her dizziness and rolling. We'll see what he says...

I also ordered clippers to trim her back end. She's always had issues with messy bottom, but as you can imagine, things have only gotten worse since she started struggling with balance. I know she'll probably resent me for it, but she is long overdue for a butt-trim :lookaround

Just spoke with Dr. G. He thinks Meclizine is a good idea, and he gave me the dosage information, etc. Said most rabbits have good success with it, so I hope it works for my baby girl.

I don't know Peanut's whole situation, but me and the girls send our love!!

Rosie and the girls :bunnydance::bunnydance: Maisie and Flower :)

The Meclizine does not appear to be making much of a difference. Even with an upped dosage there has been no improvement. Peanut has barely been able to stay upright. Still eating and drinking (thankfully), but very frustrated by the fact that she can't do anything. I cradled her earlier just so she'd have the chance to wash her face without falling over. I also cleaned her ears, which she can't do, and wiped off her face (her "down" eye is weepy and closed most of the time, but doesn't appear to be infected)

I should add that she's clean and dry, has lots of soft bedding, and bumpers to keep her from banging on the edge of the pen. We'll wait it out through the weekend, but if she's still like this on Monday, it's back to the vet we go (EC is looking more and more likely).

:pray:

Latest posts

Back