Peanuts is back at the Vet :(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lovinmybuns

Reaction score
So Peanuts was admitted to the Vet on Friday after having a very serious case of bloat. He was hypothermic and was starting to go into shock. Friday night his condition didn't show much improvement, but he wasn't getting any worse. Yesterday morning, the Vet called and said Peanuts was doing fantastic...was eating, going to the bathroom, running around, etc. I was able to pick him up in the afternoon. He was fine, but just kinda moped around in his cage and had his back feet clenched to his stomach. He didn't lie like he usually does and was very very quiet...unusual for him. By the evening, he was grinding his teeth. I called the Vets emergency number and low and behold he called me and said that he didn't like the sound of that and that I should call the Vet tech in the morning. Needless to say, it's Sunday....not a good day to be sick, right? The Vet tech calls me and checked his status. Well this morning, he was still grinding his teeth and was now sitting there with his eyes closed. I took him out of his cage and gave him his Propranol...takes that with no problem. He didn't run around much. Put him back in his cage and he continues to keep his eyes closed. An hour goes by and the Vet Tech calls again and says that the Vet wants him to come in right away. So my guy is back in the Vets. I just hope he's okay. He was eating, pooping and all of that good stuff....just seems to be in pain. When I brought him to the Vet, he went into his HUGE cage with a runway and started eating. I said, they are going to think I'm NUTS...LOL I'm sure it's just gas, but I'm so nervous!! So far, I haven't heard from any one. The Vet Tech comes back tonight and was going to give me a call and the Vet is checking him first thing in the morning. I think they started him up on pain meds again and are continuing to give him Propranol.

Please pray for my Peanuts......:(

Oh gosh, I'm so sorry that he's back at the vets again!

I'll keep him and yourself in my thoughts, hopefully he'll be able to come back home again soon!

:pray:

Awww he's gorgeous! I hope and pray he's alright. Keep us posted on his condition!

The Vet tech called a little while ago and was afraid he had some bad news. He said Peanuts continues to sit hunched up, eyes half closed, isn't eating and hasn't gone to the bathroom since we brought him back to the Vet at 12 noon. It's now almost 9. :( I'm so upset!! I hope he pulls through. How long does a gas attack take before it finally passes? Now they continue with the Propranol and are giving him pain meds. I just hope he will be okay!!

oh i am so sorry!! i hope your baby gets better. one of my babies is a little gassy right now too. it is so horrible to see them in pain. i will pray for him!

So I went off to work today a nervous wreck and so upset. Last night the Vet tech had called to say that Peanuts was not doing well. I was fearing the worst. This morning I went off to work and had my Mom promise to call me no matter what happened. Figured the Dr. would be in by 9 so when she didn't call until 10:15 I was flipping out. They actually never called her...she called over to them and they said that Peanuts was doing well....he was eating, going to the bathroom, drinking and was doing so much better from the night. They want to keep him at the Vets considering he is on a lot of meds....pain meds and his stomach meds. I went to visit him during my lunch hour and he was still not looking all the greatest....still sitting with his hind legs clenched to his stomach, barely moving and kinda tilting to the side...which they said was from the pain meds most likely. They may keep him for a couple of days to make sure he's really well before sending him home. They said he's definitely out of the woods and should be fine...so hopefully he keeps it up....he had been fine, then went to not so fine....so we shall see what happens. Thank you guys for all of your thoughts and prayers. It means so much. I'm glad I found this site :biggrin2::thanks:

:hugsquish:We're glad you found this site, too!

It's great that Peanuts is doing better! I hope he's home and fine again in a day or so. Just don't spoil him too much when he does get there. Bo isn't happy because he feels better and thinks craisens would be fine on his tummy! :shame

If only they made cranberry flavored simethicone drops!!

Latest posts

Back