Peanut is home!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lauraelizxo

Reaction score
After a longgg 5 weeks of waiting... Peanut is finally home!

We had to drive an hour to pick him up & an hour home... He snuggled right up to me the entire ride!

When we got home we put him right in his cage & opened the cage door. We say outside of it on the floor.. trying to make him feel
Comfortable. He took a while to clean himself.. Look around & play with his new toys! He eventually hopped out of the cage and onto my lap and my boyfriends lap. He is so friendly and outgoing. We love him so much!!

Any tips on litter training? Every time he would poop outside of the litter we would pick it up and put it into the litter box. I woke up this morning and he has pooped all over the cage!

What about his ears.. Do they look like they will lop? He is a rex/lop mix.

Here are a few pictures! They don't even do him justice. :) he will be 7 weeks on Monday! ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1403959180.701351.jpgImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1403959211.533844.jpgImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1403959230.774865.jpgImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1403959246.930853.jpg

So cute, congrats on the new bunny.

He is very young and in a new place so give him time with his litter training, once he has settled in you will notice he will start to choose a corner to do most of his wee, put the litter tray there with hay in it to encourage him to spend time in it, poo normally follows after that and you should start noticing more poo is going in the litter box than out and wee accidents are becoming more rare.

It took our bunny about 1 week to choose a spot for wee and use the litter box but it was about another 2-3 weeks before we started seeing a huge improvement with poo but it was short lived unfortunately as then we hit puberty a few months later and she started marking her territory with poo and wee so now we have to wait until after her spay to start again lol

My Ivy is around Peanuts age, luckily litre box training was easy 4 me because my guinea pigs do it and Ivy just copied my pigs with litre box training yea I really lucked out.
Good luck with new bun he's super cute, his ears are ginormous I think they may just lop over.
Omg he's just to adorable to look at wuv him

Back