Peaches?!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mouse_chalk

Reaction score
I just bought Dotty up on the garden table for cuddles and nail clipping. I turned my back to grab the nail clippers from just inside the back door and she had gone over to my bowl where I'd just been eating some fresh peach slices and nabbed the last bit! It had gone by the time I got over to her. About half a thumb-sized piece.

I'm just looking through the lists now but can anyone tell me off the top of their heads if peaches are safe? Ovbiously a new sugary snack so I'll keep an eye from that perspective but haven't ever associated peaches and bunnies before so I don't know this....

She did seem to enjoy it lol, and tried to go back to lick the juice out of the bowl before I removed it!! :shock:

Aaah I just found them on this site:

http://www.rabbit.org/care/fruits.html

Phew!! I should have thought that she might go for it and moved it.... I literally only left her for a second! This is the bunny that drinks water out of the glass on my bedside table when I'm asleep though and is currently sat next to the laptop with her head on my hand....

She doesn't realise that she's a bunny and not a human sometimes... :rollseyes

Aah, see Dotty will eat most things. Not long after we had her she dove into a rubbish bag in Steve's office to steal some clementine peel! She took quite a fancy to it when Steve went through a phase of eating them a lot...

mouse_chalk wrote:
Aah, see Dotty will eat most things. Not long after we had her she dove into a rubbish bag in Steve's office to steal some clementine peel! She took quite a fancy to it when Steve went through a phase of eating them a lot...

My rabbits are clearly not the norm. I read so many stories about other rabbits, like yours, but I really have nothing to compare it to, here. Peter and Bugs are pretty generally chilled-out bunnies, and they don't get into anything I wouldn't want them getting into.

Yep, peaches are on the safe list, and you're turned on enough to know to watch for changes in poos/no poos/sloppy poos, etc, but hopefully there shouldn't be any negative effects.

LOL!

Nick will eat any fruit-y thing put in front of him, but Amelia turns her nose up at anything even remotely tart or tart-smelling. She sniff it, and her upper lips sort of curl up a little, then she will paw at it, then turn her bunny butt to it! Peaches get this treatment from her! (Along with strawberries and cranberries.)

Just make sure they don't get the pit--it's got some bad stuff in it if they manage to crack it open. Muffin helped herself to some peaches the other day. She loves them, but Frida and Ben don't know what they are (they sniff and turn up their noses).

After i read that list me and my little baby shared some raspberries and a plum :]

Latest posts

Back