Patience rewarded

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We have had Pernod and Perry for nearly 2 yearsnow, and Pernod has always been the braver of the two. Perry took along time to get used to being petted (we think he had been hit on thehead previously) whilst Pernod has always demanded pets. And from weekone she would run upstairs and explore the bedroom, while little Perrywould stop when he got to the second from top stair, then come backdown. Gradually, he has become braver, and now loves being petted(especially a massage), but today was wonderful. I came in and couldn'tfind him anywhere, thenI hear a noise upstairs, and there hewas! Sitting outside the bedroom door. And when I opened it, he creptin and started to explore. Eventually he went back downstairs, binkiedaround the loung and flopped down for petting. I am sooo happy, andthough it has taken time it's worth waiting for.:dude: - Jan

I love to watch and read of bunnybehavior! I think they are a much "deeper" animal than theyare given credit for and I am sure they are able to communicate witheach other and understand us on levels that we cannot begin tofathom. Not unlike the ability of elephants to communicatultrasonically, for example.

Buck

Oh, Jan! I'm so happy andpleased!!!! I know that you must be bursting with pride at mysweet baby's latest accomplishments.

How cool is that?After all this time and he finally did it! I bet you felt so goodwatching him! You are a good bunny mommy! :)

Raspberry

How wonderful, that's a great experiance for you :)
I'm sure you must be so proud he made it all the way up the stairs! Yay Perry!!

That's wonderful Jan! I remember how Ifelt when Henry finally made it to the top of our stairs... 3 months ittook him! You must be so pleased that he's come on sofar! LOL Now you'll have 2 little rascals in yourbedroom rather than one! :D

Ang xx

Thanks everyone. Yes, I am soooo proud of mylittle man. He and Pernod are such happy bunnies and over the monthsboth have become so much more affectionate (Buck, your ear-rubbingtactics had a wonderful effect on Pernod :D)..

Ang, you're right. Now I will have to keep a close eye on both of them- they both chinned everything insight!- Jan

Latest posts

Back