Patches is acting weird.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rabbits can pick up on their owners anxiety. So if you are feeling anxious, he's probably picking up on it.

Is he still eating, pooping and weeing normal? As long as those are normal, I wouldn't be overly concerned.

I've also noticed that once my bunnies are done exploring an area and feel familiar with it, they stop being quite so active. They just go to their favourite napping spot, and stretch out for a nap.

--Dawn

I'm not sure why now, but as rabbits age, they do start to mellow out. How old is he?

As long as he's eating, drinking, and going to the bathroom as normal I wouldn't worry. As long as he is getting up and moving around at some point, and it looks like he's just decided to take it easy. If he's lethargic and not moving at all, then I would be concerned.

--Dawn

Also, rabbits are naturally more active during breeding season and we are coming to the end of that now, and that can affect even spayed/neutered rabbits, so that may also be playing a part.

If you are concerned though then maybe a vet check is in order? As a bunny owner we know our bunny best and it is important to follow our gut instinct with as to what is best for our buns.

A change in behavior can be a signal of an internal issue, but it's also possible that the dog days of summer have just hit him and he's tired. As long as he's eating, pooping, etc, and there's no unusual nasal discharge, sneezing, coughing, straining to urinate/incontinence, I wouldn't worry about it just yet. The mellowing out process seems to take quite a while--it doesn't happen so suddenly--so I am more inclined to think it's a reaction to the heat or him picking up on your nervousness.

I'd mention it to the vet when you bring him in for the neuter.

ok... well thanks for the help guys i will talk to the vet tomorrow. He does have a runny nose but hes had that for a couple of months now and i have given him medicine for it. i think the carpet is irritating it. the carpet is old and kind of shaggy even i get a little itchy when i sit on it.

What medicine were you treating his runny nose for? That could potentially be related. How does his breathing compare to normal? Any funny noises? Any sneezing? Any change in the discharge? Mouth breathing?

I don't know what medicine it was. He finished it like 3 months ago. His breathing is fine and he doesn't sneeze or cough or anything. and usually when i take him away from the carpet his nose isn't runny anymore. or when he gets really nervous it gets really runny. The vet said shes going to do an exam before the neutering today because this is the first time she is seeing him.

Any updates?

sas :?

Latest posts

Back