Pasteurella =[

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moochyesh

Reaction score
My ruby has gotten Pasteurella, we caught it quick and she still is eating and drinking normally, Baytril twice a day is what she is on but she seams to be staying the same and not getting better... She is in my arms about 5 hours a day and is having a lot of trouble walking but has not lost her eating habbits... The vet is very hopeful but im doubting if she will be ok... just wanted to post here beacause all of the non bunny people do not see the big deal lol thanks for reading =]

What symptoms is she showing? Usualy youll see respiratory signs with pasteurella, having trouble walking does not sound normal to me. If you're dealing with respiratory signs, I strongly recommend running a culture and sensitivity to see what kind of bacteria you're actually dealing with and what antibiotic will be effective. My rabbit was put on Baytril for 2 weeks for her respiratory signs and we presumed it was pasteurella but it ended up being staph, moraxella and bordatella all of which were sensitive to the doxycycline we switched her over to.

Back