Pasteurella?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Haven Rabbitry

Reaction score
I have a 7 month old Californian buck who has a white discharge out of the left side of his nostril. No other symptoms. He's had it as long as I've had him. It does come and go though, but always on the left side. I will not see it for weeks, then it will show up for a few days, then go away. He is fine other wise. No eye issues, abscess, etc... just the discharge. My other suspicion is a tooth root abscess? BUT, he is eating, maintaining weight, etc... None of my other rabbits are showing any symptoms, including a pair that I got from the same place.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks!

hard to say, with my 5 rabbits pasturella showed up differently (i recently had a break out when i adopted a rabbit with pasturella and brought her home) and i have dealt with pasturella twice before with 2 of the rabbits.... my new zealand got snot, but no runny or red eyes, or sneezing, i wasn't sure so i took him to the vet to confirm and he did indeed have pasturella. my mini rex had no symptoms, but got an absess. the other two had sneezing but no red eyes or discharge... there have been times i just wasn't sure becuase it shows up differently each time... good luck!

Thanks! So annoying. I have read that even the nasal/laryngeal cultures can come times be inconclusive or show up but not be the actual cause of the discharge....ANNOYING! :( Thanks though!

Only on one size to me says a tooth root abscess is likely. I would have a dental x-ray series taken. Infections usually have discharge from both nostrils.

Latest posts

Back