PaSRBA, Great show even with the snow! But, with the good, comes the bad...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LionheadLady

Reaction score
It was great seeing all of the RO friends! I got to see Kathy, Sharon, Roger & Pam! =)

I hope you all did great!

Pam, I wanted to watch you judging the hollands but was running into all 3 rooms with Open Holland Specialty, Open elop specialy, then the lionheads in the wool room... Then Hollands & English Lops in the youth room! I was BEAT!!!

Pam you actually picked my daughters BJD for BOV & BOS!!! That Jr doe got 3 legs this weekend & placed 2nd in OPEN!! Thank you for picking a jr! Some judges never do. I love when a judge sees the rabbit for that day & places accordingly! She is a homegrown little sweety of ours, 2nd generation of home grown! I think you only NP 1 of ours. So, we were thrilled! I do not know how you did it with such a large class! I would have been LOST! Soooo many rabbits... then them getting moved around... I would never be able to do it! Way to go on a great job judging such a large class!

All in all we did great, I hope everyone else did. I do not know all of the exact placings for us as in 3rd, 4th etc... but here is how we did that I do know of:

Sat: Hollands: BOV & BOS Youth, Open Specialty placed all in the top 5 with the best being a 2nd! That is amazing since it was a youth in with the big top breeders! We held our own! Elops, BOB Youth & 1st place with a leg Open Specialty. Lions: BOB, BOV & BOSV Youth & BOS Open Specialty!

Sun: Hollands, BOV, 1st BJD 2 times (the same doe that took BOS on Sat) 1st BJB 2 times, 2nd place SSB out of over 50! Lions, BOB Youth & BOSV Open specialty. Elops, BOB Youth & then Open BOB with BIS!!!!!!!

We were thrilled... BUT Then when we got home, we found my daughters favorite elop, Snoopy, dead. He broke his neck in his cage. He was either running around playing as the elops do and or the wind that was howling so hard scared him. He ran into the side of his cage. So my daughter went from a high to a crashing low. =(

I guess we have to take the good with the bad right?

Thanks for reading!

Wow! Tell your daughter congrats on her win and the awesome BIS!!!!!

There were a LOT of Hollands! (And no where to put them all!) I really had fun doing them - I don't get to judge Hollands too often.

We also were crushed upon ariving home and finding our most favorite buck, Dallas dead. He was old and his health had been failing. I'm still trying to figure out a proper burial - the ground is frozen solid. I was thinking about taking him down to the river . . .

RIP Dallas - we love you so much.

dallas.jpg

Awww Pam, I am so sorry for your loss too! That is sad! I don't know what to do for Snoopy either. Right now he is wrapped in a blanket, placed in a bag & in our shed. We have 30" of snow & another 24" coming tonight.

My daughter is devastated. He would be a year old in June. I think he was having fun & running laps in his cage. Those darn elops love to have fun & this time it cost him. He died Friday soon after we left, because he is a piggy & would have had some of his feed or water gone & there was nothing touched.

Thanks again for a wonderful job with the hollands! I wish I could have seen you with them! We had Wade Burkholder in Open Specialty. He did amazing with them. I got to watch him as I did the open show. He took the time to pose each one. That was the 1st time I saw him judge them & he did a great job too! Some judges do not allow them to pose as a holland should. I know you do! I saw about 5 mins of the SSB class with you. I think our buck took 4th with you... So kudos to you & Wade! You guys did amazing with them!

Sorry again for you loss. =(

The SSB that I chose of BOB was was of those that took a lot of patience, but once I got him posing, he really showed off his stuff for BOB! I think his reluctance to pose got him thrown off the other table rather early in the game. :(

There were really some fantastic Hollands in the youth!

Oh congrats on the good wins LionheadLady!

But sorry to hear of both of your loses this weekend Pam and LionheaadLady.

Latest posts

Back