Parsley

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hln917

Reaction score
Baci stop eating his greens last night and will only eat parsley now. Just wondering is too much parsely bad for him?

i would also like to know .. i bought butsy a parsley chew yesterday. its a huge roll of dried parsley . i cant break it, its meant for her to chew on.

hln917 wrote:
Just wondering is too much parsely bad for him?
No, it's good for him, and bunnies love it.

I had Scone convinced that parsley was a treat food. I'd sit on the floor with a bag, and feed it to him one sprig at a time. He loved chewing his way up the stem to the leaves.

scone1014.jpg

Tweetiepy wrote:
I was wondering if it had too much calcium in in? Especially the italian parsley?
I haven't heard about parsley being a problem with calcium. Most greens are mostly water, so even if they are relatively high in calcium the absolute amount of the material a bunny will get is relatively low. Rabbits get rid of excess calcium in their urine, so if their kidneys are working OK they'll be able to pass off any calcium they eat over what they need.

Kale can be too high in calcium for some rabbits, particularly older ones - when Scone had calcification of the kidneys and ureters late in his life the vet told me to stop giving him kale. On the other hand, they recommended it earlier, when he was a young bun, as a healthy green.

I had some problem fostersthat stopped eating. Theonly thingthey would take wasparsley.So I fed them by the bunches and the fosters recovered quite nicely. Parsley is a good thing and that is one of the first things I give when a bunny is not feeling that good. Parsley soaked in water is good hydration.

Unfortunately I was hoping he was just turned off by the current lettuce he was eating. We even went out and bought another brand, however it may be his molar spurs. So calling the vet tomorrow to get him checked before he loses his appetite completely.

Latest posts

Back