Parents and your bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daisyandoliver

Reaction score
I don't know how many people on here are younger or still live with their parents.. But how do they treat or feel about your bunnies?

My dad is just an animal person in general and loves anything. But my mom is allergic to most things with fur like myself and doesn't get close to many animals except dogs. Well recently I found out that every morning after I go to school she goes into my room and feeds everyone a craisin or a hay cube. She came in when I was still home once and did it and as soon as they saw her they climbed the sides of their cages and watched her. I laughed. I guess my mom is bonding with my rabbits now. But Daisy gets really excited and isn't as gentle while Oliver gently takes it out of her hands. Lol. I told my boyfriend today I don't know who she is going to miss more when I move, Oliver or me.

When my mom comes to visit she likes to go see Ellie. She used to love to go pet Foo, she would make me pick her up (so Foo wouldn't shed on her) and I would hold her while my mom petted her and played with her ears. She would say how soft she was and how she didn't understand how I didn't carry her around all the time petting her.
Now since Ellie is new a different, she likes watch her play around and she tells her that she's cute.

Now my husband on the other hand, he loved Foo. He would go pick her up and talk to her. But with Ellie, its WAY different. He LOVES this rabbit, but he would never tell me that. Sometimes I can hear him in the kitchen talking to her and he will pick her up and walk around the kitchen with her. Then he likes to pretend like he doesn't like her and he'll quickly put her down when I come in. Or if I ask him what he said (because I think he's talking to me) he says he didn't say anything. LOL. He's a nut.

when i had my 2 rabbits my Dad liked the white one we even let it go in the house(see we keep then out side) my black rabbit my grandma liked cause her brother in-law gave it to me and she really likes in-laws for some reson.

I'm 17 so still live at home but the rabbits are mine. My mum will help me out if I need it but she doesn't really love them or go and play with them like she does with our cats and dogs. My dad just builds stuff for them for me but he doesn't love them like me either. My mum has never fed them or held them before, she did like Alice's babies thpugh :) she is a bit scared of them and says she only likes them from afar :/ haha but it's a ok with me :)

My parents like them, though I guess they wouldn't mind if we didn't have bunnies ;) Really though, they know how much I care about them, so they're happy, and they always help out by feeding/cleaning/ petting them.

I don't make enough money to feed them at the moment so my dad buys me their food. I buy treats and veggies usually. I paid to build Oliver's cage but my dad bought Daisy and Kara's cages. My mom buys me veggies and fruit for them too for me. She came home with a bag of craisins once I asked her what it was for she goes your rabbits! I laughed.

When we visit the rabbits are indoor/garage bunnies. Poor hubby is fixing to move in with my parents while I deploy. My daddy LOVES my little bad rabbit. She was living in their kitchen while she was seeing the ophthalmologist in Texas. He doesn't mind the other animals but he's truly bonded with my bad girl. Why I dont know. He likes to feed her and he'll pick her up and snuggle with her on the couch. *gags* My mom has always been an animal lover but just tolerates the hippity hops (and everything else except my old dog) She'd rather have human grandchildren running around. I was talking to my dad the other night and he says "I wonder if your mother would let us keep Shya in the kitchen again. I sure do enjoy her." Ugh seriously.

It's cute that your mom sneaks them treats. I think adults try to remain neutral but who can resist such unique personalities?

My mum and dad have only ever bought stuff and paid vet bills for me when i was younger i got Alice at 14 and they bought her food and paid vet bills i got her hay and veggies :)I pay for all their food, bedding, vet bills, hutches/housing now and I bought them all myself, thankfully I got a job just after i got Alice and got paid quite good and now I have 2 jobs :) I love having pets that are mine! :)

My parents have always been ok with my pets. My dad wasn't too keen on the idea of a rabbit but now he likes him. He helps me hold him to clip his nails, helps me wrangle him back into his cage when he gets stuck under my bed, carries my hay bales etc. He also watches Gimpy when I go out of town. He also does the same for my turtle and fish. My mom likes him too but doesn't usually interact with him much as he is in my room in the basement and she doesn't really come down here.

I guess I'm lucky. My parents have never really cared when I've gotten a pet. I've never really asked when I've got them either, lol. They know that I'll take care of them and they won't be a problem.

My mom is designated bunny sitter! She takes being a bunny grandma very seriously and will take photos to send me while I'm away. My dad was wary at first because he's not really a small animal person, but he's definitely warmed up to them. If I am home for a day visit for dinner or something, both parents are always disappointed if there are no rabbits with me!

I AM the parent & our home is full of pets (2 dogs, a cat, 4 chickens) ..well the chickens are outside, but I love them all! My daughters are 7 and 3, they both help take care of the animals everyday and I think having pets is an all around great learning experience.

Latest posts

Back