Paralysed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobbytail

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to this site and I must say havefound it very interesting. I would like to tell you about my Bobbytail:), Hehad two operations last year because of tummyproblems andunfortunatelyIhad to take himback to the vet three times to have the stictches put back in becausehe keptgetting his sock off and pulling them out. We got overall that and then a few months later when I went to check on him in themorning before going to work I found him paralysed. It was horrible, Ipicked him up, rapped him in a towel because he was so cold and myhusband drove like a maniac to the vets:shock:. They put him on a dripimmediately and said there wasn'tmuch more they could do butwait. That afternoon I went to see him and there was no change, thenext morning & afternoonthe same thing.On the thirdday the vet said it wasn't fair to keep him this way & that wewould have to let him go:(. I knew the vet was right but my Bobby hadbeen through so much and had fought so hard I justcouldn'tlet him go without trying myself. I had gota second opinion and spoken to several people I knew but no help. Iagreed with the vet to take him home for the night and promised I wouldreturn the next day, making my appointment as late as possible. We satup all night,rubbing his little body, tickling his feet andturning him over. Would you believe by the next morning(about 11am)he had managed to get his backlegsunder him and by 3pm when we was back at the vets he wassitting up, not very steady but he was sitting up.:DNow we goevery 3 weeks because his back teeth need cutting, and all the staffcomeout and say hello to my miracle Bobbytail. Yes! Bobbycost me alot and I call him my million pounds investment and he isworth every penny. When people ask why I pay out £60 every 3 weeks, Isay its cheap for the amount of smilesmy Bobby gives me.He lives in doors with me now!

Welcome to the board.

What a moving story. It almost had me in tears. It looks like you havegot yourself a life long buddy there. He's lucky to have you as hisMum. It always makes me smile when I hear of owners going the extramiles for their pet and never giving up.

Sounds like this is love for you two.

Vickie

Unfortunately I'm not that clever on the computereven though I have all the equipment but I will try and find someone tohelp me. Bobby Tail looks abit like yours.

I love him dearly. And even though I have twoother bunnies, Bobbytails best friend is my big cat, tiger. They aregreat friends.

60 is alot of money still you must love yor bunnivery much is he a pritty buni my old bunni died becos he got noomoniarand he was too cowld our other buni died becos he was qiyt old and hedied too

What a wonderful story of love! Thankyou for telling us about it!Stories like this are such agreat reminder to all of us not to take a single day for granted withfamily, friends and of course our sweet furry babies!

I can't wait to see your sweet Bobby!

Sorry to hear you lost both bunnies. I think Bunnies are very hard to keep if you want them to be happy and live a long time.

Wow, you are an amazing owner! Irespect your emotional and financial commitment to your bun!I really hope you figure out how to post pictures soon! I can't wait tosee this miracle baby!

-Vanessa

Just from what you said was going on, I wouldalmost bet he had some inflammation or infection that affected a anerve point that caused the paralysis. Or even a pinchednerve.

Ed

What a wonderful story. That bunny is so lucky to have you, most people would have given up hope.

Welcome to the forum!

Jen

what a greatthread how wonderfull foryou your little one pulledthru im so happy theres sofew survival stories when things getso dire did yourvet happen to mentionwhat caused all the paralisis ?its very easy to post picturesin here if you have adigital camera or a scanner itsall layed out step by stepin both processes then all youhave to do is go tothe bottom where it says browseand click that it willbring up yur pictures ordocuments click on t he picture youwant then clickadd and your donethen we get to see thismiricle b aby in allhis glory !

Thank you all for your response and kind words:).The vet did mention a number of things but you know these vets theyalways make it so complicated to understand so unfortunately I can'tconfirm what it was in th end. Because bobbytail made such a recovery Ithink it was a pinched nerve or something like that. HoweverI would mention, although I have great respect for my vet on thisocasion I think he let me down.He didn't even want to xrayuntil I insisted.

:Dwow brought a tear to my eye wish i could havedone sumth 4 my bun to have helped him ...but i think its brilliantyour bunny is a fighter and wants to be with you for many many years tocome! well done

bradd

Latest posts

Back