Pans Labyrinth

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinksalamander

Reaction score
I just saw it at a friends house and thought it was fantastic, has anyone seen it? Its so weird but its so good. I wanted to know if anyone else thought it was good.

The advert:

[flash=320,256]http://www.youtube.com/v/I1KyFZLJCPE[/flash]
Fran :) :hearts :brownbunny

It's one movie you won't forget. Fantastic and surreal,graphic andviolent. You either loved it or hated it. The only thing that spoiled it was the subtitles.

I have it on DVD. The DVD that lets you play it dubbed in another language.

Being fluent in Italian, it was still pretty distracting trying to process it..

I think what disturbed me the most is when the lil fairy lookin things were caught and eaten.. or bit in half.

The root under the bed screaming in the fire kinda weirded me out as well..

To me, if some giant 12 foot faun thing comes and tells me I am the lost princess of hooby dooby.. if I don't die of a coronary first, I am danged sure gonna act like a teenaged white girl, slip on my high heels, and run in a panic through the forest in the dark.

GoinBackToCali wrote:
To me, if some giant 12 foot faun thing comes and tells me I am the lost princess of hooby dooby.. if I don't die of a coronary first, I am danged sure gonna act like a teenaged white girl, slip on my high heels, and run in a panic through the forest in the dark.

Oh god this made me burst out laughing. Make sure they are 4in heels.

Intense and surreal, but I really loved it. I also enjoyed del Toro's The Devil's Backbone.

Yey I saw it recently and thought it was really good, very different. When I started watching it I did think Oh-oh subtitles but it's weird I soon forgot it was in spanish and I was reading subtitles think I must have been so engrossed in it :)

I loved the Paleman character. Withhis weird eyes in his hands. He was so creepy, yet it was still kind of funny.

We kept saying that too Zin. Why isn't she scared by a giant faun and a weird little bug that turns into a fairy who tells her to crawl under a tree and make a frog explode? She did seem a little unphased by it all.

I have the international DVD and you can switch the languages on it to german or french or spanish or italian.. so my thinking was.. oh I will understand it in italian and I won't have to read the subtitles..

Yeah...

Didn't get it... ended up putting it in subtitle mode anyway.

I wish I was fluent in spanish..

My spanish is VERY limited..Now had the movie dialogue been all about asking directions, cursing, or ordering food. I woulda totally got it.

My parents LOVED it! I didn't like it all that much though. It weiredme out. It was REALLY creepy!

You guys need to watch the Illusionist it's REALLY good!! It's got the bad guy from a Kinght's Tail playing the bad guy!

http://www.theillusionist.com/

I loved it, subtitles and all. Guillermo del Toro rocks. Just saw The Orphanage, another horror movie he was involved with (as producer this time). Creepy.

I loved it! I dont mind subtitles, I hate when they are dubbed so subtitles are ok. It was funny though, my younger brother was like, what is this school? I have to read? doh!

Its a very creative and artistic movie, very cool. I kept referring to the fawn as "Tumnus". :p

I'm the same way, Haley! It's slightly disconcerting for me when their mouths don't match the voices. Also, I have slight hearing loss in my left ear so I often watch with it on anyway, even with English movies.

Will check out The Illusionist. Thanks for the tip, TK Bunnies.

I liked the Illusionist.. for the storyline and the visual imagery, as well as the sumptuous costumes, but also for the simple fact that Edward Norton is Hawt.

That teenage girl moment was brought to you by ZIN!

Seriously.. American History X, Primal Fear, The Italian Job, Fight Club, The Painted Veil, Kingdom of Heaven, Frida, Red Dragon, Rounders...and I can't wait to see him in The Incredible Hulk, cause I am a comic book dork.

I liked The Illusionist but it came out the same time as The Prestige, which I loved way more (probably a huge part is bc Im in love with Christian Bale lol)

Ive never heard of MirrorMask Zin. Im a big fantasy movie lover though. My favorite move for as long as I can remember is Labrynth- David Bowie is pretty sweet.

I loved Pan's Labyrinth and the Illusionist. I need to go see mirrormask, since one of my favorite authors helped write the script

Latest posts

Back