Pancakes' First Vet Visit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BabieDuckie

Reaction score
Pancakes went to the vet today for her first general exam. It's confirmed: she's a girl! I know, I probably could've verified myself, butI'm reallynot comfortable picking her up, let alone flipping her onto her back. I've been making a great effort everyday to pet her, be close to her when she wants to be, so that she's comfortable around me. She's never shown any aggression and she's really a great bunny, I just have this unprovoked fear of being bit. Period. I need to overcome this!

The vet said she's about 7 months old, and recommended that we wait a few months before bringing her back to be spayed. When asked if she knew what breed she was, the vet brought in a local breeder for her opinion (I guess she just happened to be there today?). The breeder said she looked like a Chinchilla Rabbit mixed with Creme D'Argent. I Google'd and it makes sense! I'm so upset at myself for leaving my external hard drive at home. I've been meaning to post recent pics of her for everyone to see.

We were asked to make some slight modifications to her diet, only feeding her 1/4 cup of pelletsa day, more hay, and we're good on the type and amount of veggies she's eating. Both the vet and the breeder said she looks very healthy! Nothing sounds better to a new bunny Mom and Dad!

Anyway, thought you guys would want an update and thanks to everyone for all of your input and suggestions. I really enjoy being a part of this group although I don't drop by often enough. Mental note to change that!

I'm glad you took her to the vet & all is well.

Unless she gets very hormonal or is in pain, it's unlikely that she'll bite you without warning. A little nip is another matter, but until you let her know by making an eek sound, she doesn't know she's not to do that with furless creatures. It's more like being gummed than anything; nothing to worry about, just stopped.

It is best to start handling her ASAP. And Pancake is not too young to be spayed. We have them done at 3-4 months.

Maybe the wait is for Janelle's benefit. There's no harm in waiting a little bit if she's not acting super hormonal. Plus the age figure is just a guesstimate.

Latest posts

Back