Pancake got Fixed *Spayed*

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scissors

Reaction score
Pancake was spayed 7 days ago. She is four months old..She was on Pain Meds for 3 days. The first night home she would not eat and whimpered in pain. I was told I could syringe 100% Pumpkin into her and when I did..She really perked up and started eating on her own..I am wondering now, how long should I keep her on bed rest without letting her hop free? I took her red bandage off after 3 days..Her incision is 2 inches long. Does this seem quite large ?

Nancee

Here is the little sweetheart the night she came home from surgery. Did yours get wrapped up like this?

16864_202021_230000000.jpg

We were told to keep the females shut up for a week and then let them run. The incisions varied on ours quite a bit as some were 2 pounds and other were 12 pounds and over--we got small bunnies and gigantosaurs(18 pounds).

Thankyou for your responce..I also have another question. You say you have little bunnie breeds and large ones, I am going to try to introduce bossy Pancake (4mo) who is getting rather big..to my small Patootie(2mo) who looks to be part dwarf. Do big and small get along okay? I know it can take quite a lenghthy process..But I hate to wait much longer..because of their ages too .Their cages are next to each other so they DO know of one another.. Nancee

For the girls I kept them quiet for a week. Two inches seems about right. Neither of mine came home vet wrapped, but the doctor probably just wanted to make sure she wouldn't pull at the stiches.

I would put their cages close, but not touching for now. It's better if they are both fixed before they are really bonded. Size really doesn't make a difference to them. Just be sure they are getting along well before leaving them alone, but that would be true no matter what their size.

Latest posts

Back