Pam's thoughts

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaspberrySwirl

Reaction score
Pam wrote "I miss so many of the posts:( I liked how the old rabbit web was setup in chron order, so I could simply click through and read everysingle new post -- I never missed any of the fun :)"

I've not belonged to a lot of forums before, but I was wondering ifthere isn't a more organized way of doing things. I also have adifficult time keeping up with the new posts and making certain I readthe new ones. And I'm on a couple time a day, everyday. Is there a better way and if so, can't the "tech guys"do something about it?

Raspberry

The administrator and I have spoken to themRaspberrySwirl and they claim that it's 'fixed' (the way the forum iswritten with little leeway to customize).

Will mention it again to see if we can push harder on it, but we havelittle hope unfortunately of them taking care of it without it costingmore than Rabbits Only could afford.

I couldn't agree more that it would be most helpful.

Will try again.

-Carolyn

Well, I certainly don't know much about that kind of thing, so if the powers that be say it is.....then it is!

Is it possible that an option be put on where members could have every new post emailed to them?

This is done for the Correll Forum where I am a co-moderator.I just have the emails autosorted into their own folder whereI can easily read every single one, answer posts and delete them without having them mixed into my regular email. With thismethod, I never miss a post. (Unless I don't have time to read them allLOL)

Pam

I have to giggle every time I see the name of this thread "Pam's thoughts" -- ah yes -- the sparse few that I have LOL

Pam :cool:

You know, I've chosen badpost names today!!!! At least if I was goingtorefer to you of thinking I should have put "in regard to"or something!!!! I put "Buck" earlier....nothing else....justBuck! I was trying to hurry and catch him while he was onbecause I wasn't going to be on for most of the day tomorrow.Some days are just brain fart days! ;)

So many people use that expression.:shock:The first time I heard "brain fart" used was in ariding lesson when one of the ponies did something funny, and myinstructor went, "oh, Hercules had a brain fart!" Ever since I keeppicking up on people saying that, lol. It's amazing how much that isused.

Anyways, no worries about the titles. :DThey catch attention none the less.

pamnock wrote:
Is it possible that an option be put on where members could have every new post emailed to them?

This is done for the Correll Forum where I am a co-moderator.? I justhave the emails auto?sorted into their own folder where I can easilyread every single one, answer posts and delete them with out havingthem mixed into my regular email.? With this method, I never miss apost. (Unless I don't have time to read them all LOL)

Pam

So noted, as well as Gabby's note of the old Rabbit's Only forum.

I shall take these questions to the webmaster and will copy his reply back to you when I get it.

Hope we can get him to do something without it costing 'rabbits' (theadministator) money to customize because she's working with bare bonesas it is.

I'll see what we can do.

:)

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back